Dvd Fab 7.0.9.2 won't open

vbimport

Hi SJ, I installed 7.0.9.2 without a hitch, no pop up. But the program will not open. :eek:

[QUOTE=Redking1;2536631]Hi SJ, I installed 7.0.9.2 without a hitch, no pop up. But the program will not open. :eek:[/QUOTE]

I would suggest you try using the “Compatibility” tab setting but if your talking about your Win 2000 Pro system not sure that would apply to you :confused:

Try right clicking on the DVDFab icon on the desktop and select “Run as administrator”, will it open that way ?

Hi SJ. thanks for the reply. Right clicking the icon on the desktop does not give me any administrator option. It seems to be configured correctly for my system. All previous versions minus 7.0.9.0 and the beta version before it opened correctly. :eek:

[QUOTE=Redking1;2536644]Hi SJ. thanks for the reply. Right clicking the icon on the desktop does not give me any administrator option. It seems to be configured correctly for my system. All previous versions minus 7.0.9.0 and the beta version before it opened correctly. :eek:[/QUOTE]

Yeah wasn’t sure you had the option or not, been such a long time since I delt with a Win 2000 system :slight_smile:

I did do the clean uninstall/reinstall and no change. I do have an old version 5.2.5.0 that [I]does[/I] open fine. Any suggestions SJ?

Hi SJ, I tried in vain to get 7.0.9.3 to open but no luck. I have since reformatted my hard drive due to another separate error. Fab 7.0.4.0 opens fine with no errors/pop-up. Any ideas/help is appreciated.:frowning:

[QUOTE=Redking1;2537029]Hi SJ, I tried in vain to get 7.0.9.3 to open but no luck. I have since reformatted my hard drive due to another separate error. Fab 7.0.4.0 opens fine with no errors/pop-up. Any ideas/help is appreciated.:([/QUOTE]

Sorry my friend since you have no trouble with v7040 opening, installing the latest version should install over v7040 and should open…
What type of registration do you have…e.g…1 year, 2 year or lifetime ?

Hey SJ, I don’t understand about the registration question. I am using the free version of Fab. I thought that installing service pack 4 might help my situation, but no. Something is preventing newer versions of Fab from opening properly, I tried some of the past beta versions of Fab and got that original pop-up error I got with vs. 7.0.9.0. I’ll use 7.0.4.0 for now but man is it slow on reading! I still have that [I]other[/I] ripper I can use thankfully.

I downloaded Passkey 7.0.3.6 and installed it. No pop up error and it works perfectly. Alas, the new version of Fab still will not open.:frowning:

[QUOTE=Redking1;2537596]I downloaded Passkey 7.0.3.6 and installed it. No pop up error and it works perfectly. Alas, the new version of Fab still will not open.:([/QUOTE]

Have you by chance tried opening DVDFab from the .exe file instead of clicking on it’s icon ?

I will try that but I am not optimistic.

[QUOTE=Redking1;2537766]I will try that but I am not optimistic.[/QUOTE]

It may not make a difference but worth a shoot.

Also since you are able to use Passkey you do have a way to rip new copy protected DVDs :bigsmile:

[QUOTE=StormJumper;2537774]It may not make a difference but worth a shoot.

Also since you are able to use Passkey you do have a way to rip new copy protected DVDs :bigsmile:[/QUOTE]

I looked in the Fab folder and did not see such a command. What’s strange is [I]why[/I] it will not open. What has changed? Fab used to work fine for me.:frowning:

[QUOTE=Redking1;2537804]I looked in the Fab folder and did not see such a command. What’s strange is [I]why[/I] it will not open. What has changed? Fab used to work fine for me.:([/QUOTE]

Not sure what has changed my friend, what do you mean by “did not see such a command” :confused:

Are you talking about the DVDFab.exe file, if so that could be the reason it’s not opening…try to copy and paste the .exe file from a version 7 that does work into the folder and see if it will open.

[QUOTE=StormJumper;2537858]Not sure what has changed my friend, what do you mean by “did not see such a command” :confused:

Are you talking about the DVDFab.exe file, if so that could be the reason it’s not opening…try to copy and paste the .exe file from a version 7 that does work into the folder and see if it will open.[/QUOTE]

What I should have said is when I open the Fab folder, there isn’t a exe file command. I did try that it start/run/etc., but it would not open. Something has changed in the programming of Fab, as I said it used to work fine up until vs. 7.0.9.0.

[QUOTE=Redking1;2537945]What I should have said is when I open the Fab folder, there isn’t a exe file command. I did try that it start/run/etc., but it would not open. Something has changed in the programming of Fab, as I said it used to work fine up until vs. 7.0.9.0.[/QUOTE]

I’m sorry I can not be of any further help on your issue, since I’m not involved with the programming not sure what has changed to cause your particular issue :frowning:

Have a nice weekend :flower:

Thanks SJ for all your help. :bigsmile: