DVD FAB 6 not responding

Hello everyone!

I need help on the new 6 dvdfab!
I put the movie in (new in town) it transfers/decodes it fine and it then asks for blank media…I place in a dvd-r and click start…it wants to start but then sits there…all of a sudden a white box pops up saying “dvdfab has stopped responding” then after I click close it closes & i cant restart dvdfab

I have an HP laptop w. Vista (2g of ram)

Thank you all!

[QUOTE=sunnstarzsm;2286456]Hello everyone!

I need help on the new 6 dvdfab!
I put the movie in (new in town) it transfers/decodes it fine and it then asks for blank media…I place in a dvd-r and click start…it wants to start but then sits there…all of a sudden a white box pops up saying “dvdfab has stopped responding” then after I click close it closes & i cant restart dvdfab

I have an HP laptop w. Vista (2g of ram)

Thank you all![/QUOTE]

Other members have reported having issues with their burners on laptops and found better results when using a external drive/burner, if you have access to a external burner you may want to give that a try :smiley:

Really? My fabdvd worked fine before this, could it be the new 6?
Thank you very much!

[QUOTE=sunnstarzsm;2286477]Really? My fabdvd worked fine before this, could it be the new 6?
Thank you very much![/QUOTE]

Are you using the paid version, the free 30 day trial or the free HD Decrypter ?

paid version w. free HD Encr

[QUOTE=sunnstarzsm;2286481]paid version w. free HD Encr[/QUOTE]

If you just updated to V6 did you also send off for the DVDFab 6 (All-in-One) registration key ? because the V5 reg key will not work :frowning:

Yes…It says it is registered and works great until it is ready to burn. It asks for blank media, I put it in and click start & “bam” it stops responding…maybe its the movie dvd or blank dvd?

[QUOTE=sunnstarzsm;2286489]Yes…It says it is registered and works great until it is ready to burn. It asks for blank media, I put it in and click start & “bam” it stops responding…maybe its the movie dvd or blank dvd?[/QUOTE]

My first guess would be the brand of blank media you are using, if you are using the default burn engine of DVDFab(VSO) try switching to ImgBurn it is free and is more compatible with low quality media.
if you don’t have it installed you can download it from imgburn.com it is freeware and there is a guide below on setting it up with DVDFab.

Is the default dvdfab burn engine better than this imgburn?
And if I install the imgburn do you know if , will it conflict w. my other dvd burning prorams like clone dvd?

Thank u for allllll ure help by the way!

[QUOTE=sunnstarzsm;2286517]Is the default dvdfab burn engine better than this imgburn?
And if I install the imgburn do you know if , will it conflict w. my other dvd burning prorams like clone dvd?

Thank u for allllll ure help by the way![/QUOTE]

There is no comparison ImgBurn is the best and it will not conflict with anything.

Does it run in the background or when I start to begin a burn thru fabdvd or any other will it open up & I burn thru its own settings?

Hello to everyone. I am here to tell you that I have been an owner of DVD Fab Software since version 4 and it is my personal feeling that the bugs all of you others are experiencing is from this newest 6 version. I to am having the same probelms your all having, both in burning regular movies and Blu ray as well. I have gone back and forth with tech support and they have suggested numerous things: Uninstall and reinstall, try different blank media, etc. I have tried them all and I am still getting the same exact problem as all of you. Funny thing thou: I tried the Blu ray under the 30 day trial and the first 2 I tried worked. I purchsed the Ble Ray membership and ever since the program is doing the exact same thing and not working. FYI: I received a letter from support and this is the exact quote:

Hi,
>
> We got a few same report like yours. So our tech team is checking the problem. Please wait for our new version. Thank you!
>
> Any questions in future, please feel free to contact us.
>
> Sincerely,
> Ada Fang
> DVDFab Support Team

So unless anyone out there has found a solution (if so please mail me) I would suggest we all sit and be patient for the new update

[QUOTE=sunnstarzsm;2286523]Does it run in the background or when I start to begin a burn thru fabdvd or any other will it open up & I burn thru its own settings?[/QUOTE]

When you select it in DVDFab’s common settings-> write, DVDFab will open it automarically and ImgBurn will start burning just make sure you set the write speed per the guide.

[QUOTE=StormJumper;2286545]When you select it in DVDFab’s common settings-> write, DVDFab will open it automarically and ImgBurn will start burning just make sure you set the write speed per the guide.[/QUOTE]

thank you so very much!!! :wink:

[QUOTE=sunnstarzsm;2286616]thank you so very much!!! ;)[/QUOTE]

Your welcome :wink:

Same thing here. Vista 64, DVDFab 6.0.1.0 (just purchased today). After the source is ripped to the HDD, after placing the blank media in, the program starts to want to burn it, but then it gets shut down, ostensibly by the DEP. Adding every .exe file associated with DVDFab that I can find to the exception list hasn’t cured it. Different types of media (cheap and expensive) haven’t altered the problem either. Really starting to piss me off.

[QUOTE=doctorjan;2286688]Same thing here. Vista 64, DVDFab 6.0.1.0 (just purchased today). After the source is ripped to the HDD, after placing the blank media in, the program starts to want to burn it, but then it gets shut down, ostensibly by the DEP. Adding every .exe file associated with DVDFab that I can find to the exception list hasn’t cured it. Different types of media (cheap and expensive) haven’t altered the problem either. Really starting to piss me off.[/QUOTE]

Are you running the Home premium of Vista ?
if so what happens if you right click on the DVDFab icon located on the desktop and select “Run as administrator” ?

Yes, I am. However, can’t try the Run As Administrator trick yet. Used ImgBurn with tremendous (and very fast, I might add) success. Will try the other trick next time & report back. Thanks a LOT!!!