DVD Fab 6.0.4.0

I seem to be having a problem with dvd fab 6.0.4.0 after I install it and it reboots my pc my drive icon for my sony drive dissapears. If I uninstall it and reboot the icon comes back. I have spoken with three of my other friends and they seem to have the same problem as well. Anyone have any ideas what may be causing the problem? Is it a software glitch? a driver out of date? am baffled please help. Have not had this problem with previous versions .

[QUOTE=tomcat1019;2409747]I seem to be having a problem with dvd fab 6.0.4.0 after I install it and it reboots my pc my drive icon for my sony drive dissapears. If I uninstall it and reboot the icon comes back. .[/QUOTE]

After you uninstall DVDFab or your Drive?

If I uninstall fab both my drive icons will come back, I have also tried to install an older version and the same thing happens. fab told me to try to update my drivers firmware for the dvd burner and I cannot find anything thru sony’s website for a firmware update for my burner. SONY Dw D22A

no idea, this is a problem ive not experienced myself or read of anyone else experiencing.

are your drives visible by other programs or windows device manager when your icons have disappeared? what happens if you do not install the vso buring engine when installing dvdfab?

there is a firmware update for your drive but it will involve a crossflash to either Sony 710A firmware or a Lite-On 1653S firmware. this discussion is for a different forum, if you are interested, please visit the cdfreaks lite-on forum. you can search and find the answer or post for some help.
http://club.cdfreaks.com/f44/