DVD Fab 6.0.4.0 crashes when trying to open The Soloist

When I inserted The Soloist, DVD Fab crashed immediately. I didnt have any problems with Obsessed. Looks like we need a new fix.

please enable pathplayer and try again using main movie mode.

That worked out. Thanks.

I had no problems at all with Soloist.

I have pathplayer always enabled and always do Full

with pathplayer disabled dvdfab does crash for me as well.

as signals always says, always enabled should become the new default and do away with enable when necessary.

as signals always says, always enabled should become the new default and do away with enable when necessary

The problem is, that’s not always consistent. Sometimes you have to have PathPlayer off to work. It’s like a hit or miss deal. One time one setting works and another time a different setting has to be used. “Use PathPlayer when necessary” should be the one that works for everything but it’s just not the case all the time. Sometimes even older movies that don’t have any serious copy protection to speak of give PathPlayer problems. Personally I wish a way could be found to just do away with the PathPlayer settings altogether and have it work all internally and just work. The program should be smart enough to do that.

[QUOTE=Mike89;2416137]The problem is, that’s not always consistent. Sometimes you have to have PathPlayer off to work. It’s like a hit or miss deal. One time one setting works and another time a different setting has to be used. “Use PathPlayer when necessary” should be the one that works for everything but it’s just not the case all the time. Sometimes even older movies that don’t have any serious copy protection to speak of give PathPlayer problems. Personally I wish a way could be found to just do away with the PathPlayer settings altogether and have it work all internally and just work. The program should be smart enough to do that.[/QUOTE]

yes i agree.

i can understand pathplayer was slow when first introduced and many users complained. now pathplayer is needed for many new releases and still works for many older titles.

the setting of enable when necessary, as being the default may have become un-needed as pathplayer works very good now. myself i have pathplayer always enabled and very rarely do i ever have to disable pathplayer.

also with full disc and customize the need to have pathplayer enabled is critical to use the navigation features. not enabling pathplayer causes the full use of the program to become handicapped.

always enabled will become the default in the next beta release.

always enabled will become the default in the next beta release.

Well then I wonder why the middle setting of “enable PathPlayer when necessary” is even there. If you have to manually set it to either off or on to work right, it would seem it’s not smart enough to know what it should be on it’s own. If it can’t reliably turn itself on when it’s supposed to be, then I don’t know why it’s just not eliminated. As time has gone by, it’s shown that it’s not very consistent at doing so. Otherwise it could just be set there always and we wouldn’t keep hearing about people having to set it on or off to get a particular movie to rip. As long as PathPlayer has been a function of DVDFab, I still don’t think it’s been quite perfected yet.