DVD Fab 5 error=4(505 4)

I have DVD platinum 5.2.3.0 and just tried again to covert about 8 DVDs to play on an ipod and none of them will convert. After a few seconds I get the same error message… (I got this on earlier DVD Fab 5 which is why I have just updated to 5.2.3.0)

20:52:48 Conversion: one pass begin…
20:52:48 failed! Error=4(505 4)
20:52:48 completed successfully!

This is with the same with all of them!

BUT they will happily do DVD to DVD copying!

Any advice?

[QUOTE=whybelieve;2195029]I have DVD platinum 5.2.3.0 and just tried again to covert about 8 DVDs to play on an ipod and none of them will convert. After a few seconds I get the same error message… (I got this on earlier DVD Fab 5 which is why I have just updated to 5.2.3.0)

20:52:48 Conversion: one pass begin…
20:52:48 failed! Error=4(505 4)
20:52:48 completed successfully!

This is with the same with all of them!

BUT they will happily do DVD to DVD copying!

Any advice?[/QUOTE]

The error code that was generated was not a Fab error code, might have been a codec error code… no idea what it means…

I noticed in the portion of the log you sent that Fab set this up as a one pass conversion… [B] VERY [/B] unusual if you are starting with a store-bought - would need one pass to remove copy prot. and one pass to do conversion…

What are you starting with for a DVD?

The conversion seems to work better if the file to be converted is on your HD, not on a DVD, if copy prot. has already been removed. Try that…

Let’s start with that.

O’C

:slight_smile:

Thanks for the help so far.

I have set it off copying to the hard drive first - it says copy process started and the percentage is increasing.

The DVDs are ones like this one here…

Not sure what protection they have if any but I just want to turn them into mp4 for my daughters ipod.

Thanks

[QUOTE=whybelieve;2195123]Thanks for the help so far.

I have set it off copying to the hard drive first - it says copy process started and the percentage is increasing.

The DVDs are ones like this one here…

Not sure what protection they have if any but I just want to turn them into mp4 for my daughters ipod.

Thanks[/QUOTE]

OK… I understand… let me know what happens when copying is done and you try the conversion.

O’C

:slight_smile:

Oh dear…

I have tried it from the Hard Drive copy and I get exactly the same error message as before.

hi,

I have check this error message, the reason is because your source have little special, DVDFab cannot get correct param for audio stream, so the cannot execute the sync logic, so report this error.

What is your DVD volume name ? I think this problem just happened for one DVD or one special title, other will be ok.

Thanks.

Hi I have had this same error with 10 different DVDs all from the same company - this one and others in the same range…

What can I do?

hi,

Thanks your information, Are you sure this disc in your link will have this problem ? we will try to get one to test it.

I have sent you a PM about this disc

I get the same error when trying to read the German DVD “Kondom des Grauens”, when choosing the AC3/5.1 audio track. When choosing AC3/2, it seems to work fine.

I’m using Version 5.2.3.2

hi,

I have refactory the code about this problem, and will add it in the next beta version, please wait the beta version and test it.

Thanks.