DVD fab 5.1.0.0 or higher freezes my Computer

vbimport

Hi

I have Vista Ultimate x64 and DVD fab 5.1.0.0 If I try to upgrade to the latest version, when I click on the icon to start DVDFab the hard drive rattles for about 3 seconds and then the whole computer locks up no mouse no nothing just the desktop. I have to reboot to get the computer working again. I tried uninstalling the old version and deleting the old folders and registry entries but still the same thing happens. This happens with any version newer than 5.1.0.0 Anybody have any suggestions?

Thanks in advance
BW

[QUOTE=Bwired;2188697]Hi

I have Vista Ultimate x64 and DVD fab 5.1.0.0 If I try to upgrade to the latest version, when I click on the icon to start DVDFab the hard drive rattles for about 3 seconds and then the whole computer locks up no mouse no nothing just the desktop. I have to reboot to get the computer working again. I tried uninstalling the old version and deleting the old folders and registry entries but still the same thing happens. This happens with any version newer than 5.1.0.0 Anybody have any suggestions?

Thanks in advance
BW[/QUOTE]

When you installed the DVDFab upgrade, did you do so as Administrator? And I assume if you have DEP enabled, you’ve included DVDFab and whatever burn engine you’re using as exceptions.

That’s as far as my knowledge of Vista takes me… anyone else care to jump in?? (I’m running XP Pro)

O’C

:slight_smile:

[quote=O’Canada;2188948]When you installed the DVDFab upgrade, did you do so as Administrator? And I assume if you have DEP enabled, you’ve included DVDFab and whatever burn engine you’re using as exceptions.

That’s as far as my knowledge of Vista takes me… anyone else care to jump in?? (I’m running XP Pro)

O’C

:)[/quote]
DVDFab adds itself to the DEP exceptions in vista and xp when it is installed, the problem is that the user/administrator as to selcet the setting “Turn on DEP for all programs and services except those I select” :wink:

and if we are talking about vista home version the the program needs to be ran in compatibility mode

Not for me :smiley:

you are a lucky one :cool: it does depend on who made the rig and installed vista home so it seems :slight_smile:

Mine is the MDG APTON XBX series with an OEM VISTA home premium key. I do regular maintenance to make sure it runs correctly and have no bloatware on it

Well with 5.1.0.0 I never had it set to compatability mode nore did I have it listed in my DEP exceptions, but I’ve done both of those with the updated version 5.2.2.2 and so far everything is working.

Thanks for the help.:clap:

[quote=Bwired;2189149]Well with 5.1.0.0 I never had it set to compatability mode nore did I have it listed in my DEP exceptions, but I’ve done both of those with the updated version 5.2.2.2 and so far everything is working.

Thanks for the help.:clap:[/quote]
Happy the tips help in your time of need :wink:
have a nice day :flower:
BTW…version 5.2.2.2 is very buggy and the version 5.1.0.0 was more stable