DVD Fab 5.1.0.0 & Internet

vbimport

Does DVDFab have to be able to connect to the internet and if so, why?

I am a registered user and last week through McAfee’s disabled any DVDFab connections to the Internet.

I have been experiencing some intermittant problems since then. Tonight DVDFab shut down while it was running and when I restarted it I lost the ability to “remove PGC’s”. I think it may be operating as though it was unregistered although I am still showing on the “about” screen as the registered user.

If anyone knows what may be up, please let me know.

[quote=BwanaJim;2148693]Does DVDFab have to be able to connect to the internet and if so, why?

I am a registered user and last week through McAfee’s disabled any DVDFab connections to the Internet.

I have been experiencing some intermittant problems since then. Tonight DVDFab shut down while it was running and when I restarted it I lost the ability to “remove PGC’s”. I think it may be operating as though it was unregistered although I am still showing on the “about” screen as the registered user.

If anyone knows what may be up, please let me know.[/quote]
What windows OS are you using? What dvdfab do you have gold or platinum? What were you trying to do full disc or main movie or a mobile option? What are your settings for dvdfab and what burn engine are you using? Also McAfee is not good

[quote=BwanaJim;2148693]Does DVDFab have to be able to connect to the internet and if so, why?

If anyone knows what may be up, please let me know.[/quote]There is no difference in features between registered and trial versions. If you disconnect from the internet before opening DVDFab (not a bad idea anyway) it may not tweak McAfee. You can also go to Common Settings->General and UNcheck the box that says check for new version automatically. Some protection software also interprets the “disable screensaver” function (also a good idea) as malware attempting to hijack your OS. There have been lots of problems with recent versions/updates of McAfee posted in the forum.

Tha is not the only setting that generate internet activities, there is other settings that can be made. :flower:

@ BwanaJim
DVDFab does not need internet at all…not even when entering the registration key :wink:

SJ :cool:

[quote=StormJumper;2148779]Tha is not the only setting that generate internet activities, there is other settings that can be made. :flower:
[/quote]It is the only one I know of that can cause a problem every time DVDFab is opened. The crash reporting only happens if Fab crashes. What else is there?