DVD Fab 5.06.0 will stop reading or greatly slow down (Optiarc AD-7173A)

vbimport

I have a Gateway GT5628 intel 2 quad Q6600 @2.40GHz, 3gig ram, 340+gig hd, Vista, nividia graphics card. I have a built in optiarc DVD R WAD7173 A
I Just download a trial version of program last week and it did great backing up and making my first few DVD’s. Then yesturday read time got down to .02 mg. from orginally up to 9 mg. This was on Penelope and Step up 2. I re-installed updates, dumped the folders and reset the Dma button?. Turned it off for the night. Today I earlier copied - made full step up2 video and tried penelope again and the same thing happened, also with an error box that would not let me skip resume or whatever with the error and shut down my computor. Video not scratched tried both full DVD and just movie. Had same error last night but only shut down program. I originally wanted to buy this program but with the luck I’m having, I don’t think so unless there is a real fix. Please Help

[quote=pamer;2096702]I have a Gateway GT5628 intel 2 quad Q6600 @2.40GHz, 3gig ram, 340+gig hd, Vista, nividia graphics card. I have a built in optiarc DVD R WAD7173 A
I Just download a trial version of program last week and it did great backing up and making my first few DVD’s. Then yesturday read time got down to .02 mg. from orginally up to 9 mg. This was on Penelope and Step up 2. I re-installed updates, dumped the folders and reset the Dma button?. Turned it off for the night. Today I earlier copied - made full step up2 video and tried penelope again and the same thing happened, also with an error box that would not let me skip resume or whatever with the error and shut down my computor. Video not scratched tried both full DVD and just movie. Had same error last night but only shut down program. I originally wanted to buy this program but with the luck I’m having, I don’t think so unless there is a real fix. Please Help[/quote]
Do a clean uninstal from this link http://clubcdfreaks.com/2065659-post1.html follow the directions exactly and do not forget to reboot

you may be using a damaged/faulty dvd, as you are getting the problem with one specific dvd.

sometimes it is not easy to see the damage so try cleaning it anyway & if possible also try it in a dfferent drive or PC

Did you try it with Path Player on or off ? I did this movie with PP enabled and worked great, as cybmole said it might be the disc if this is the only movie it does it on so a clean install isn’t needed