DVD Fab 4 Ripping/Burning Problem (Sony DW-Q58A)

vbimport

[qanda]This thread is about the Sony DW-Q58A. Click here to see full specs[/qanda]I am no longer able to Rip or Burn DVDs using DVD Fab 4. I believe this problem arose when I used a program (Daemon Tools) to view ISO files. DVD playback from my physical CD Drive became choppy and I was no longer able to use DVD Fab 4 to rip or burn DVDs…I didn’t necessarily get an error message, but the processes would just hang up.

I recently found a fix to the DVD playback issue by reverting my 2ndary IDE Channel Transfer Mode from PIO ~> UDMA. However, I am still unable to use DVD Fab 4 to rip or burn DVDs. I was wondering if anybody could offer any possible solutions to restore the function of DVD Fab 4.

Thank you for your help,
Mike

[quote=mase2626;2133311][qanda]This thread is about the Sony DW-Q58A. Click here to see full specs[/qanda]I am no longer able to Rip or Burn DVDs using DVD Fab 4. I believe this problem arose when I used a program (Daemon Tools) to view ISO files. DVD playback from my physical CD Drive became choppy and I was no longer able to use DVD Fab 4 to rip or burn DVDs…I didn’t necessarily get an error message, but the processes would just hang up.

I recently found a fix to the DVD playback issue by reverting my 2ndary IDE Channel Transfer Mode from PIO ~> UDMA. However, I am still unable to use DVD Fab 4 to rip or burn DVDs. I was wondering if anybody could offer any possible solutions to restore the function of DVD Fab 4.

Thank you for your help,
Mike[/quote]
Hi Mike and welcome to the club :flower:
You would be better off if you was to update to ver 5, course you will have to go to dvdfab.com and ask for a new key…if you paid for the product then you can get it for free with no problem, you will need to use the email address that was used to buy it…note …if your address has changed then you will have to have it changed in their database first.

You may want to do a clean uninstall using the guide below in my signature then install

Upgraded and the problem persists. Ver 5 is still getting hung up when i attempt to burn or rip a DVD. :confused:

Uninstall Daemon tools…

[QUOTE=t0nee1;2133613]Uninstall Daemon tools…[/QUOTE]
:iagree:
You may continue to have problems after the uninstall, but keep your fingers crossed. If you do experience persistent problems, I’d check out the Daemon Tools forum

I uninstalled Daemon Tools immediately after it caused the problems to my system. I’ve already posted at the Daemon Tools forums…although their suggestions helped me fix the problem to my CD ROM drive, I’m still experiencing problems with DVDFab.

I’m wondering if it’s still an issue with DMA. It seems to me the program still recognizes the drive as being in PIO mode…the playback through the preview feature on this program is choppy…identical to what i was once experiencing through my drive using other media players.

I’ve recently found the options in DVDFab to check for DMA automatically and Reset DMA. I’ve enabled the first and tried the second. Havn’t had succes with either…Any other suggestions?

There are two “DMA” links in my sig
The first is a quick illustration re: uninstalling the appropriate IDE channel (generally the secondary).

The second contains very informative article and is worth the time it takes to read. Also contained is a VBS Script file which is more reliable than the reset in Fab…just click on the[B] here [/B]link near the top.

Hope this helps and let us know…

Problem fixed! Yeah i actually came across that article but didn’t pay it much mind…choosing instead to use a fix i found off the dell website which obviously didn’t fully correct the problem. This one did, thank you for your help…i really do appreciate it.

[QUOTE=mase2626;2133869]Problem fixed! Yeah i actually came across that article but didn’t pay it much mind…choosing instead to use a fix i found off the dell website which obviously didn’t fully correct the problem. This one did, thank you for your help…i really do appreciate it.[/QUOTE]
Glad to hear you’re up and running again…:cool: