DVD experience sony dw-q58a

vbimport

Hi everyone,

I want to share some experiences with you guys, hope you can help me.
I have a dell Inspiron 6000 laptop with a sony dw q58a dvd burner.

I used the latest Philips DVD+ discs (Infome R20) but keep having errors on dvd movie playback.

I recently bought a couple of fujifilm discs (Ritek R03), these work fine but only burn at 2.4.

Any of you has this drive and know which discs are best?
Thanks in advance for your help!

Yes I have an E1505 with the same drive. I upgraded to the code guys UYS3 Firmware and my burner now reads at 8X and burns at 6X with nero Ver 6. It was a simple process read the instructions on the code guys site, and you should have no problem. Good Luck

Here is the site with the Firmware: http://codeguys.rpc1.org/firmwares.html

i did already, some time ago… i guess it’s just the discs (infome r20) that my burner isn’t doin ok with. Which discs do you recommend?

I use Memorex 8X DVD+R and have never had a problem, not one coaster. I know some people might disagree but I have had a lot of success with them. Hope this helps you out. I bought a bunch with the same lot # and they have been great.
The software can make a big difference also what burning app are you using as I stated previously I use Nero Ver 6 and I think if you check around a lot of people have had success using Nero.