DVD Error message!

vbimport

I just bought a brand new DVD and got 3/4 of the way through the movie and this message pops up: “DVDError: Error Code 89020003 The DVD disc might have been damaged so as to inhibit playback operation” , then when you click on details button, it says to make sure the disc is not scratched…but it is BRAND NEW! I have physically checked the disc and it looks fine! I just can’t understand it! Is there anything that can fix this?? It only happens on the last three chapters of the DVD! Everything previous to that plays fine!

Has this happened only once, or on several attempts?
What burner do you have, wnat media brand are you using?
What speed are you writing at?
Is DMA enabled?
What Operating System?

Give a smuch info on your rig as possible and all hardware used and media. Migh thelp in narrowing down the cause.

Originally posted by xtacydima
[B]Has this happened only once, or on several attempts?
What burner do you have, wnat media brand are you using?
What speed are you writing at?
Is DMA enabled?
What Operating System?

Give a smuch info on your rig as possible and all hardware used and media. Migh thelp in narrowing down the cause. [/B]

NO! NO! NO! You have it all wrong! I am not trying to BURN anything! I am trying to WATCH a DVD movie! I can watch 3/4 of it but that is about it! I have emailed the guy I bought one from off of ebay and he is going to send me another DVD, so hopefully this one will work! Here are my specs though:

System Specs: ATX generic case with Power Tech 500 watt- switching power supply. ASUS A7N8X Deluxe Motherboard. Western Digital 7,200 RPM 40 gig IDE Hard Drive.(FAT 32- file system) AMD Athlon XP 2600 processor.(standard fan and heatsink-Thoroughbred Core-standard speed-NO OVERCLOCK) 1 gig of Samsung DDRAM(PC 2700- 333 mhz....2-512mb sticks running in dual channel mode).eVGA Ti 4200 video card (128 mb of memory-8x AGP) (8x is enabled on motherboard). Soundblaster Audigy 2 sound card. Motorola sb 5100 cable modem (Insight Communications-Cable Connection) Sony DRU 500 AX DVD- RECORDER.(records -R/-RW or +R/+RW and CD-R formats-4x-24x-4x) LG 52x32x52 CD Burner. Zip 100 internal drive and a generic 3.5 floppy drive. Windows XP Professional Operating System. I also have a bearpaw scanner, HP Deskjet 3520 inkjet printer and a KDS X Flat 17 inch CRT monitor.

I am using the Sony DVD recorder and using Power DVD to view it. BUT…I also have tried it on my home DVD player and get the SAME RESULT on the last three chapters! Personally, I am beginning to think the DVD is just plain bad!

if you purchased it at a retail store, exchange it and see if the new movie plays correctly.

Well it DID turn out to be the DVD after all! I got the replacement DVD and put it on my DVD player and everything works great! So I guess that message was telling me that the DVD was JUST PLAIN BAD!