DVD Editing & Authoring Help

Greetings!

I am attempting to edit and produce DVD’s from downloaded avi files from various sources. I am looking for software to do this.

I have tried Adobe Premiere Elements but I have great difficulty doing simple editing which is mainly trimming front and back and removing some interior frames. Also the menu system with Adove is combersome.

I have also tried Sony Studio which does a good job of the menuing but will not edit.

I have considered Ulead, Pinnacle, Vegas Studio, and others. The reviews are so conflicting. I don’t mind purchasing but don’t want to but the wrong one.

I am not doing fancy editing. I do need the ability to condense video for single density DVD’s before burning.

I need something that has simple editing with the ability to menuing.

Suggestions, please. I don’t mind spending more time with Premiere Elements if that is the best choice.

Regards,

Glenn

Moved to Video Edit forum.

[QUOTE=Gmanning;1968530]Greetings!

I am attempting to edit and produce DVD’s from downloaded avi files from various sources. I am looking for software to do this.

I have tried Adobe Premiere Elements but I have great difficulty doing simple editing which is mainly trimming front and back and removing some interior frames. Also the menu system with Adove is combersome.

I have also tried Sony Studio which does a good job of the menuing but will not edit.

I have considered Ulead, Pinnacle, Vegas Studio, and others. The reviews are so conflicting. I don’t mind purchasing but don’t want to but the wrong one.

I am not doing fancy editing. I do need the ability to condense video for single density DVD’s before burning.

I need something that has simple editing with the ability to menuing.

Suggestions, please. I don’t mind spending more time with Premiere Elements if that is the best choice.

Regards,

Glenn[/QUOTE]

There is no simple and easy software. They all have a learning curve, and one that is simple for me, might be very difficult for others. As an example, I’ve been using Vegas for a few years, and just bought Corel Video Studio 11 Plus. Boy was I lost. I have spent the past two days viewing some tutorials I found by googling, and now I see just how easy this software is to use, and how powerful it is. Had I continued struggling with it, and messing with the HELP file all the time, it would have taken me forever to figure out what to do.

Stick with one software, read or view some tutorials, play with it a little bit, and THEN if you don’t like it, start looking at some others. I have played with many of the video softwares, and the only ones that are truly hard to use, are the professional level ones, and even they become easy if you spend about 4 - 6 hours viewing tutorials, before you start messing with them. Knowledge is power!

TMPGEnc-Author will do the job, and then some.

Posted by harley2ride
just bought Corel Video Studio 11 Plus.

Me too. :iagree:

[QUOTE=alan1476;1968656]Me too. :iagree:[/QUOTE]

How do you like it…
I have only done the one video with it, but it looks just as good played back on my tv, as the ones I’ve done with Vegas 5. I’m going to keep playing with Videostudio, and I may end up using it for all of my stuff except for things that I need to do extensive work on… I plan on spending a few more hours working on tutorials, and then searching for some downloads of effects, swf’s, etc…

[quote=harley2ride;1969153]How do you like it…
I have only done the one video with it, but it looks just as good played back on my tv, as the ones I’ve done with Vegas 5. I’m going to keep playing with Videostudio, and I may end up using it for all of my stuff except for things that I need to do extensive work on… I plan on spending a few more hours working on tutorials, and then searching for some downloads of effects, swf’s, etc…[/quote]
I am still learning the in and outs of it. But it seems to be very stable and does what it says, I will making some more videos as soon as I get my new movie camera. My son is an avid skateboarder and make videos that he puts on You Tube. I think this program is the best I have seen so far.

[QUOTE=alan1476;1969368]I am still learning the in and outs of it. But it seems to be very stable and does what it says, I will making some more videos as soon as I get my new movie camera. My son is an avid skateboarder and make videos that he puts on You Tube. I think this program is the best I have seen so far.[/QUOTE]

If you are interested in some great tutorials, check out this link.
http://www.takeoneflix.com

[quote=harley2ride;1969404]If you are interested in some great tutorials, check out this link.
http://www.takeoneflix.com[/quote]
Thanks alot those helped alot. This program does more than I even thought.:iagree: