DVD Dycrypter help

vbimport

Hi

I recently started using DVD dycrypter to burn my DVD ISOs with excellent results - 13 minutes to burn a DVD mocie ISO at 4x. However, it has suddenly started playing up. Whilst writing DVDs DVD dycrypter will not use my system resources for buffering (the buffer bar on the left while burning). It instead uses merely the device buffer, this is resulting in much slower burns (24 minutes for a DVD movie ISO. It also sometimes results in a crash to the blue screen of death (invalid memory duimp or something).

Can anyone help? How can I get te software working properly again and using the system RAM / virtual RAM as buffer?

I have 512MB 333Mhz DDR an Athlon XP 2100 on Win2K. I have about 30GB free of 120 HD.

It’s possible that your DVD writer was switched to PIO mode. The appropriate setting is DMA mode, so please make sure that it is selected. More information can be found in this guide.

Thats what I thought at first, because it seems to not use any system RAM - monitoring resources whilst burning I see massive CPU activity but system RAM is not being touched. However, I have checked and doublechecked - it is set to DMA - i have selected and deselected and rebooted but to no avail. The wierd thing is it was working fine with full RAM buffer etc using the same discs to burn the same ISOs with the same settings but suddenly stopped working properly. Any ideas?

Could Windows / DVD dycrypter be reverting to PIO mode by default for some reason? Is there any way to stop this? Are these questions making sense? (I’m a newbie after all)

Thanks in advance

That seems pretty weird to me, as it is showing all the symptoms of PIO mode even though DMA is clearly selected.

What about the I/O interface? What’s selected in Tools > Settings > I/O > Interface? Try both ASPI and SPTI and see if it makes a difference. If it’s currently set to ASPI, then maybe your ASPI layer got corrupted somehow.

Tried changing to ASAPI - ASAPI.dll and recieved the following :
I 20:30:09 DVD Decrypter Version 3.5.1.0 started!
I 20:30:09 Microsoft Windows 2000 Professional (5.0, Build 2195 : Service Pack 4)
I 20:30:09 Initialising SPTI…
I 20:30:09 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices…
I 20:30:09 Found 2 DVD-ROMs and 1 DVD±RW!
W 20:31:13 I/O Interface has been changed!
I 20:31:13 Shutting down SPTI…
I 20:31:13 Initialising ASAPI…
E 20:31:13 Unable to initialise ASAPI! - ASAPI.DLL
E 20:31:13 Reason: The specified module could not be found.
E 20:31:13 You need to install an ASAPI manager.
E 20:31:13 Visit http://www.dvddecrypter.com to download one.
E 20:31:13 Alternatively, try changing the ‘I/O Interface’ in the Settings to a different one.

This is beyond my understanding - What do you suggest

Cheers