DVD - DVD-R problems ( lost DTS)

Hi all,
Hope someone can help me with this problem I’m having.

DVD cannot be played on DVD player or PC (mark on disk)

managed to get 1-6 and 75% of 7 vobs off disk using DVD decrypter and put on DVD-R using DVD2ONE.

Problem is DVD now has lost chapters and gives me no option for DTS (only 2 channel)which the original disk gave me…is there anything i’m doing wrong or are these files lost too?

Thanks
John

Hi John and welcome to the forum.

I’m afraid they’re lost forever , unless you find a way to fix the original dvd. I once recovered my Saving Private Ryan dvd with the aid of a little toothpaste. (wipe it on and wipe it off , the crystals will fill in the scratches).

Perhaps this newsitem can be of any assistance.

Damn shame DTS is lost. DTS rules ! :bow:

Thanks for welcome.

The mark on the disk is not a scratch but what I can only explain as a watermark thats spread from the centre into the disk(about 5mm into disk and 20mm wide) This is no way to do with handling or storage … the stain is under the disk surface.

I get normal audio but as you say “DTS rules”,
Excuse my lack of knowledge but is DTS seperate from the VOBS I recovered?

John

As Far As I Know (AFAIK) DTS is an additional track among the other Dolby tracks and runs along the other streams (video stream , audio streams , subbitiling , etc).

If the dvd is damaged UNDER the surface , i would bring it back to the shop i purchased it from and demand a replacement or a refund. This is usually not something you could have done by mistreating the dvd.

If the shop refuses , i suggest contacting the factory. The information should be on the back of the cover.