DvD Duplicators?

vbimport

Hi guys, Im very new to this stuff and I am wondering which dvd duplicator you all recommend? I just purchased a canon hg21 and am trying to burn quick home movies of my kids football games to hand out to the parents AT the game. thx!

Hi slaak… I have worked in the Video industry for just about 8 years now. I have experience with all kinds of duplication. There are a few machines out there that will save you a ton of work and more importantly time. Just a couple simple questions to help steer us in the right direction. Lets start with: How many DVDs do you make of the games?

-LL

Hi, I am going to need to make about 30. I really wanted to be able to make all 30 in about 20-25 minutes so I can try and sell the games to the parents AT the game itself! Also Im not too sure on the fastest way to get 30 dvd movies from camcorder to the booth for purchase. I have been told that maybe using a seperate hard drive hooked up the camcorder might be the fastest? thx!!

@ slaak,

Perhaps is this something that interests you?

http://www.meritline.com/meritline-the-cube-autoloader-standalone-auto-duplicator-20x-dvd-duplicator.html

Just really think about what you desire – 30 DVD copies in 25 minutes. That is 50 seconds per copy. Lets be realist here. There isn’t a DVD recorder in the world that is going to be able to make a DVD in 50 seconds.

Regards,
bjkg

Thanks, Here is my problem and where I need your guys’s expertise…I am TRYING to shoot a kids football game and have 25 or so dvd’s of that game on the table for sale as soon as possible. I am lost right now…my new canon is avchd and I am having trouble making even 1 dvd in under 30 minutes that I can then put in a duplicator. HELP!!

You would want something like this with 7 bays and even then you are talking 3 to 4 runs at 10 minutes a run after you made the first dvd.

http://www.meritline.com/pioneer-20x-dvd-8x-double-layer-cd-duplicator-beige.html

To make all that in under 25mins means you’re going to spend for some seriously fast (and expensive) hardware. AVCHD to MPEG-2 is going to take a while unless you have faster than realtime transcoders, and the duplicator itself is bulky.

To finish all that under 25mins you’ll need to stream your footage straight to an OB Van containing your duplicators that churn out the DVDs - all in realtime.

Not economical for a football game, IMHO… Unless you’re gonna charge an arm and a leg (heck, why not a kidney) for each DVD.

As I have done in the past for Little League baseball games:
Sell them at the next game.

I see, Do duplicators make dvd’s in real time?! That would be sweet! I am going to be at the field ALL day (5-6 games, 30 parents per team, 300+ POTENTIAL buyers at 10 bucks per dvd?) Im REALLY trying to get them made BEFORE they get to thier cars! If I have to I’ll go the other route…just a dream right now hehe.

@ slaak,

You have 2 similar active threads concerning essentially the same topic which makes it difficult to respond effectually.

No matter what equipment you purchase – even the most exotic state of the art – you are going to have GREAT difficulty in producing 30 DVDs in less than 30 minutes. Throw into the mix attempting to do this task on the “Football Game” sidelines in 30 minutes make it virtually impossible. Also throw into the mix that they do not make battery powered DVD Duplicators so now you are talking about toting around a generator.

Also have you considered the possibility that they municipality might get wind of your “DVD Business” and demand a Business License and want taxes on your 3,000 bucks and don’t forget about the fine folks at the IRS wanting their taxes on your 3,000 buck “DVD Business”.

Regards,
bjkg

I dont know how to delete that thread! haha. I understand It will be hard, I was just seeing if it were possible. I just dont understand why I cant pump out 20+ dvd’s in 15-20 minutes since i have my “master” dvd time down to about 8 minutes (standard def btw). Power isnt a problem…irs might be though :slight_smile:

I just dont understand why I cant pump out 20+ dvd’s in 15-20 minutes

You can with 3 machines going:
8 min 1 st one then 8 to 10 for the first batch so you have the master for the other machines , then 2 x 7 = 14 more 8 to 10 minutes later. About 22 in 30 minutes.

Now printing is another issue at 2 to 3 minutes for each disc.Need about 7 printers going.

Need to hire someone to do the recording while you are pumping out the disc after the 1 st game.

The 3,000 is going down fast.

Yeah, I see. Well, maybe soon we will be able to buy a MUCH quicker dvd burner and a MUCH quicker converter software thingy! Til then I guess I’ll just sell em the following week. Thanks alot for the info guys, I learned alot!

[QUOTE=slaak;2161785]Yeah, I see. Well, maybe soon we will be able to buy a MUCH quicker dvd burner and a MUCH quicker converter software thingy! Til then I guess I’ll just sell em the following week. Thanks alot for the info guys, I learned alot![/QUOTE]

Even if they make a quicker burner , you still need the time for printing. Parents are more likely to buy a printed disc than one with a black marker title on it.
Especially if asking 10 for it. I found you could sell more at 5 a disc.
And most of them wanted their childs picture printed on it for the $5.00

Not a real money making idea.