DVD duplicator station

Hi, Im a newbie to this, I wuld like to get a 1 to 1 Duplicator station to backup my DVD`s.

Do anyone know if these units works with protected DVD films or must the film be decrypted prior to use in one of these stations.

Any suggestions for brands, firmwares who work etc. is much apreciated.

I’ll transfer this to the CD Freaks’ ‘General Hardware’ forum…

None of the commercial 1:1 (or 1:2,1:3,1:4,1:5…1:9) units will copy encrypted DVDs. They only work with non-encrypted DVDs.

Even if you build one yourself using the commercially available ACARD (or similar) copy controller boards.

-brendan

a standalone duplicator stations for personal use seems like overkill. plus aren’t they really expensive?

for your own personal use even if you pay for software and have to buy a new dvd burner you can be up and running for about $75 and have free updates for all the latest copy protections.

it was my impression that duplicator stations are ideal for making multiple copies of the same thing. like if you’re in charge of your family reunion videos and vacation video distribution every year or if you produce your own videos to sell and need many copies it would be logical. for backing up many different dvds that you have to decrypt one by one before the duplicator even comes into play it seems like it might not be as efficient.

i’ve never used a duplicator though so i can’t say with 100% certainty but it sounds to me like you’re trying to use a chainsaw when a butter knife will do the trick for lack of a better metaphor.

no they dont do copy protcet dicks
but they very good dont need compter to