DVD Dual Layer Disc Recognition Problems

vbimport

[SIZE=3]My HP DVD writer (Hp DVD 735d) is unable to recognize/read/detect dual layer dvds. It can Successfully burn DVD+R DLs but cannot read them sometimes. I was able to read them earlier

Also My DVD writer is unable to read the burnt single layer dvds .I have to eject and reinsert the disc about 5 times for reading them.

[SIZE=3]My DMA is On and I have no problems burning CDs and reading them. It can even read easily heavily damaged CDs but cannot read Dual layer discs.

[/SIZE][/SIZE]Sometimes there is Tray Ejection Problem.

ALL STONES UNTURNED BUT NO Progress…:confused:

[ol]
[li]I have tried installing and uninstalling device drivers but problem is still persisting.[/li][li]I have used Adaptec Force ASPI drivers but all in vain[/li][li]I have tried cleaning the LENS head but doesnot seems any improvement.[/li][li]My Drive firmware revision is PJS1 and no new firmware updates are available[/li][li]I have used all available DVD burning applications such as Nero 8,Ashampoo 2008,Disc Juggler,Img Burn,CD BurnerXP pro,Sonic pro,Roxio Creator,Clone DVD,Alcohol 120% and a lot of Open source softwares but there is no success…[/li][/ol]There are some Burn failures while writing DVDs
Probability of Failure is 1/5
[SIZE=3]
Is there anyway to solve these problems or i will have to purchase any new DVD writer.

Also Please tell which is the best DVD writer available in the market for Optimized Performance

Any Help and Advice is Appreciated…:iagree:
[/SIZE]

[QUOTE=bravo2008;2045908][SIZE=3]My [B]HP DVD writer[/B] ([I]Hp DVD 735d[/I]) is unable to recognize/read/detect [B]dual layer dvds[/B]. It can Successfully burn DVD+R DLs but cannot read them sometimes. I was able to read them earlier

Also My DVD writer is unable to read the burnt single layer dvds .I have to eject and reinsert the disc about 5 times for reading them.

[SIZE=3]My DMA is On and I have no problems burning CDs and reading them. It can even read easily heavily damaged CDs but cannot read Dual layer discs.

[/SIZE][/SIZE][SIZE=3]Sometimes there is Tray Ejection Problem.
[/SIZE]

[SIZE=3]ALL STONES UNTURNED BUT NO Progress…[/SIZE]:confused:

[ol]
[li][SIZE=3]I have tried installing and uninstalling device drivers but problem is still persisting.[/SIZE]
[/li][li][SIZE=3]I have used [B]Adaptec Force ASPI[/B] drivers but all in vain[/SIZE]
[/li][li][SIZE=3]I have tried cleaning the[B] [I]LENS head[/I][/B] but doesnot seems any improvement.[/SIZE]
[/li][li][SIZE=3]My [B]Drive firmware revision is PJS1 [/B]and no new firmware updates are available[/SIZE]
[/li][li][SIZE=3]I have used all available [B]DVD burning applications[/B] such as [I]Nero 8,Ashampoo 2008,Disc Juggler,Img Burn,CD BurnerXP pro,Sonic pro,Roxio Creator,Clone DVD,Alcohol 120% and a lot of Open source softwares but there is no success…[/I]
[/li][/SIZE][/ol]There are some Burn failures while writing DVDs
[SIZE=3]
Is there anyway to solve these problems or i will have to purchase any new DVD writer.

Also Please tell which is the best DVD writer available in the market for Optimized Performance

[/SIZE][/QUOTE]

How old is your computer? You might want to remove alcohol and roxio and nero as each software will conflict with each other. You should keep only a few that will not conflict with each other as that might be a cause of not reading DL media. Have you check the hp site as to what else to look for in support. Please don’t CAP us it’s like yelling rather then asking a question. Sounds like your burning to fast or using bad media to burn to.

[QUOTE=bravo2008;2045908][SIZE=3]My [B]HP DVD writer[/B] ([I]Hp DVD 735d[/I]) is unable to recognize/read/detect [B]dual layer dvds[/B]. [U]It can Successfully burn DVD+R DLs but cannot read them sometimes. I was able to read them earlier[/U]

[/SIZE][/SIZE][SIZE=3]Sometimes there is Tray Ejection Problem.
[/SIZE]

[SIZE=3]ALL STONES UNTURNED BUT NO Progress…[/SIZE]:confused:

[ol]
[li][SIZE=3]I have tried installing and uninstalling device drivers but problem is still persisting.[/SIZE]
[/li][li][SIZE=3]I have used [B]Adaptec Force ASPI[/B] drivers but all in vain[/SIZE]
[/li][li][SIZE=3]I have tried cleaning the[B] [I]LENS head[/I][/B] but doesnot seems any improvement.[/SIZE]
[/li][li][SIZE=3]My [B]Drive firmware revision is PJS1 [/B]and no new firmware updates are available[/SIZE]
[/li][li][SIZE=3]I have used all available [B]DVD burning applications[/B] such as [I]Nero 8,Ashampoo 2008,Disc Juggler,Img Burn,CD BurnerXP pro,Sonic pro,Roxio Creator,Clone DVD,Alcohol 120% and a lot of Open source softwares but there is no success…[/I]
[/li][/SIZE][/ol]There are some Burn failures while writing DVDs
[SIZE=3]

[/SIZE][/QUOTE]

That makes no sense.

either it can read/recognize/burn the media or none of it.