DVD dual layer burns have never succeeded

vbimport

Till date every dual layer DVD i have tried to burn on my crossflashed Sony DRU-810A has failed. I have no idea why and am totally helpless and frustrated:(. To add to it i do not know where to find the log file in Nero 8. Please help me with the same. The brand of DVD+R DL used is a RICOHJPN D01. Are these any good. I have heard that BenQ DW1640 is a poor dual layer DVD burner. Is it true?

Would it be better to burn a dual layer DVD using Sony firmware?? Would it help me in anyway whatsoever? Thanx in advance.

[QUOTE=ronello;1996379]Till date every dual layer DVD i have tried to burn on my crossflashed Sony DRU-810A has failed. I have no idea why and am totally helpless and frustrated:(. To add to it i do not know where to find the log file in Nero 8. Please help me with the same. The brand of DVD+R DL used is a RICOHJPN D01. Are these any good. I have heard that BenQ DW1640 is a poor dual layer DVD burner. Is it true?

Would it be better to burn a dual layer DVD using Sony firmware?? Would it help me in anyway whatsoever? Thanx in advance.[/QUOTE]

Your problem is not the firmware on the drive but the dual layer media that you’re using. For dual layer discs use Verbatim Dual Layer Dvd media and use the free software called Imgburn to burn those discs. Any other brand of dual layer dvd media will cause you to burn coasters. :wink:

Easy Dual Layer

Those RicohJpn D01 are usually not very good they burn on the new Pioneer / LiteON and Samsungs but second layer is usually not good but not BenQ’s usually because quality is so variable the BenQ;s usually fail on layer 2

Use Verbatim DL MKM00x these will burn for you.