Dvd drives

vbimport

what is buffer underrun and how do i activate it:flower:
regards,
jomikev

[QUOTE=jomikev;2575203]what is buffer underrun[/quote]the source drive does not deliver the data fast enough, so the drive’s internal buffers run empty.

and how do i activate it
You really want that? Then make sure you read the data from a slow source (HDD or ODD in PIO mode, USB1.1 connection, 10Mbit LAN) :bigsmile:

Michael
recommending to read http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buffer_underrun :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=mciahel;2575212]the source drive does not deliver the data fast enough, so the drive’s internal buffers run empty.
You really want that? Then make sure you read the data from a slow source (HDD or ODD in PIO mode, USB1.1 connection, 10Mbit LAN) :bigsmile: [/QUOTE]

I think he means how does he use it?

Well normally this is an option in the drive’s firmware (chipset) and 99% of newer burning software supports it by default.

If it is ON then if the data transfer is to slow, the disc speed also slows down in order to write the data. If it is OFF then if the data transfer is to slow, the disc cannot keep up with it and you get a “burn error” and disc is partionally written.

You want it ON or burn at a very slow speed, like 4x.

True, but the hardware/firmware has to support it first before the software is able to make usage of it. :wink: