DVD drives

Hi everyone:)!
First of all i wish an Happy New Year to all CDFreaks familly:flower:!
Secondly my old Plextors 755A and 760A are almost out of service. I need to buy two new drives now and i intented to buy Plextor 810-SA, because i only had Plextors drives before… and i was very happy with! But one of my friends told me that 810-SA is not Plextor manufacture:confused:! Is this true:a? Does it means that 810-SA is not a very good drive:sad:? Please let me know your advice about the best dvd drive i can buy (quality is the most important, price is the less important):bow:. All the best for you all and thank you in advance:).

[QUOTE=Learning More;1965005]Hi everyone:)!
First of all i wish an Happy New Year to all CDFreaks familly:flower:!
Secondly my old Plextors 755A and 760A are almost out of service. I need to buy two new drives now and i intented to buy Plextor 810-SA, because i only had Plextors drives before… and i was very happy with! But one of my friends told me that 810-SA is not Plextor manufacture:confused:! Is this true:a? Does it means that 810-SA is not a very good drive:sad:? Please let me know your advice about the best dvd drive i can buy (quality is the most important, price is the less important):bow:. All the best for you all and thank you in advance:).[/QUOTE]
Yes, plextor no longer makes drives the 810 is a Pioneer if i remember correctly. As to what to buy it depends what you’re looking for. The Samsung 203B is popular for it’s fast burning quality and good reading capabilities. The new NEC drives look promising as burners, but I don’t believe they’re available in the US yet(you didnt mention where you live). Pioneer has put out some nice burners, especially if you prefer burning at lower speeds. LG seems fairly popular for burning quality, but idk much about them. The new LiteOns are the current standard for testing quality and with Smartburn you can enable OHT, HT, SB, and overspeed depending on your media quality. It depends on whether you’re looking for IDE or SATA drives as well.

Thank you very much chaosoffar 2k for your help!:slight_smile: i’m from Portugal, i prefer Sata drives and i like burning at lower speeds. i’m very surprised knowing plextor stopped your own drives manufacture. :a It used to be the best ones… but it’s the life… Happy New Year to you and thanks again for your gentle help:bow:

[QUOTE=Learning More;1965374]Thank you very much chaosoffar 2k for your help!:slight_smile: i’m from Portugal, i prefer Sata drives and i like burning at lower speeds. i’m very surprised knowing plextor stopped your own drives manufacture. :a It used to be the best ones… but it’s the life… Happy New Year to you and thanks again for your gentle help:bow:[/QUOTE]
No prob, sounds like a Pioneer 212 or 215 could be in your future. Alot of people wish Plextor was still making drives but evidently manufacturing cost killed them off. Happy New Year to you as well.