Dvd drives unable to read quickly

vbimport

Hey everyone, I’ve got a problem with Dvd drives not being able to read movie dvd’s any faster than about 3x (never seems to “spin up”). Most recently I’ve purchased the Lite-on iHAS324, still not making a difference. Here’s what I’ve checked:

-DMA (UDMA5) is enabled.
-Deleted the drivers, restarted, and let windows find again
-Replaced motherboard from a Gigabyte to MSI (G41 chipset)
-Motherboard firmware is current
-Firmware on DVD drive is current
-Tried different SATA cables
-Tried different SATA ports
-Tried 2 Samsung drives and currently the Lite-on
-Tried making sure there were no upperfilters in registry
-Currently using Windows 7 (fresh copy; 4gb’s of ram, intel quadcore, velociraptor hdd)

• I use DVDFab as the main program; although I’ve also tested with OptiDrive.
    -As far as data dvd’s, regular cds, or data cd’s, it works perfect; just when trying to play dvd movies (tried different dvd movies with same result)
    -Tried downloading different codecs as well

So, I’m out of ideas, anyone help plz? :bow:

[QUOTE=RyanVZ1;2555491]Hey everyone, I’ve got a problem with Dvd drives not being able to read movie dvd’s any faster than about 3x (never seems to “spin up”). Most recently I’ve purchased the Lite-on iHAS324, still not making a difference. Here’s what I’ve checked:
[/QUOTE]

There is no sense behind “READing” movie dvd’s (Video DVD) faster than that.
If you meant “ripping”, that is another case.

Use Nero cd dvd speed, insert such a disc and start a TRT test.

I am referring to ripping (sorry for improper verbiage), while using the TRT tool, in Nero, it capped out at 7.9x; which is faster that I’ve been seeing, but then again, I’ve never been patient enough to see a test go all of the way through. But yea, either way, it capped out at 7.9x on a dual layer dvd.

And with that problematic DVD?

That was with the Lite-on drive. The samsung capped out at about 6x. And this primarily seems to happen on dual layer dvd movies (which most seem to be these days). On a single layer dvd, it caps out at 15.82x. I just am not sure what it is…

It may have something to do with the SATA controller and its drivers, maybe…