For some strange reason, all of a sudden windows 2000 refuses to recognize both of my DVD drives (NEC 3500 & NEC 5700). These drives were working OK last week.
- In Device Manager they show up with a yellow exclamation mark.
- They are recognized in the BIOS, but don’t show up in Explorer.
- I tried uninstalling both and rebooting nothing happens.
- They are both powered, and light up and the trays open and close.
- They don’t show up in safe mode either.
Some software on my machine: DVD Shrink, CloneCD (old/expired), AnyDVD, Nero, maybe some other DVD player or writer programs… but like I said, it worked fine last week. Any help would be greatly appreciated.