DVD drivers and adobe download

vbimport

Hi, I am new to this forum. I have a limited idea of the workings of the computer but by no means knowledgeable on it ( if you know what I mean).
The problem that I am having right now is two fold ( and I believe connected). I recently did the update on acrobat and adobe and now it appears that my computer is unable to recognize either of my DVD drives. There are no icons on “my computer” for the drives and when checking to see if I can just do an update it reads code 10 - no drive installed ! I have contacted both Memorex (DVD16+/-DL4RWID2) and Samsung (TS-H652D) and tried to install the firmware from them to no avail also with the same result.
Is there a solution besides buying new DVD burners?
Thank you for any help.

[QUOTE=jagster;2070946]Hi, I am new to this forum. I have a limited idea of the workings of the computer but by no means knowledgeable on it ( if you know what I mean).
The problem that I am having right now is two fold ( and I believe connected). I recently did the update on acrobat and adobe and now it appears that my computer is unable to recognize either of my DVD drives. There are no icons on “my computer” for the drives and when checking to see if I can just do an update it reads code 10 - no drive installed ! I have contacted both Memorex (DVD16+/-DL4RWID2) and Samsung (TS-H652D) and tried to install the firmware from them to no avail also with the same result.
Is there a solution besides buying new DVD burners?
Thank you for any help.[/QUOTE]

What kinda of O/S are you using and what other burner software do you have installed? What version of acrobat do you have? Have you change any hardware settings since you updated? How old are you drives and what kinda media are you using? What did you do with the drive prior to this update? What kinda motherboard do you have? Have you tried to take the drives out and reboot the computer to the desktop and then shutdown the computer and hook the drive back onto the cable and restart and see if it can find them. Also do you have DMA on or off or PIO?? Usually updated acrobat shouldn’t mess with your dvd drivers as if you have windows - windows should be have the drivers need to see the drives.