DVD driver for Acer Aspire 9300 Notebook

vbimport

Hej,

I have Acer Expire 9300, an have a problems with my DVD drive.I can use it only for Cd but not for DVD.
Where can I find the driver for It?

Welcome to the forum :slight_smile:

Windows, if that’s what you’re using, has its own generic “one-fits-all” driver for CD/DVD drives built in.

What’s the exact nature of the problem (and some system specs, including OS and model of DVD drive) - we may be able to help you sort it out.

Do you have any problems in Device Manager (again guessing you’re using a Windows OS) - any yellow exclamation marks or error messages?

Is the problem just with reading DVD media, or burning it as well? Does it have a problem reading pressed discs, burned ones, or both?

If you have problems with burning, what software are you using, and what brand of discs?

Sorry for all the questions, but the more info we have, the more help we can give. :slight_smile:

Hej again,

My problem is that my computer does not read DVD at all.
It shows that I have a CD driver, even dog I have been using my DVDRW driver for dvd-es before.I reinstalled my driver again, but I have the same problem again.My computer Acer Aspire 9300 Notebook shows that all the devises are working well,but that is not thrue. What can I do?My DVDRW drive is:
Slimtype DVDRW SSM - 8515S

Hope someone can help me?:sad:

One more thing, my DVDRW drive did not recognise DVD-es at all, I can’t watch movies and I can’t burn DVD-es any more.It simply does not work with DVD-es at all.But works perfectly well with CD-es.

It sounds very much like the DVD part of the drive may have just died, if Device Manager shows no errors, and the drive works perfectly well with CDs.

Going by the model number, it’s a slightly older drive, how long have you had the notebook exactly?

Downloading and burning a bootable DVD (some Linux variant perhaps, maybe a friend could burn one for you) and booting from that, would be a good last thing to try. Just to make sure the DVD part of the drive has died, and that Windows or some piece of installed software isn’t interfering. :slight_smile: