DVD drive

vbimport

I have a computer running on xp, and I have a dvd-rw drive. When I put in a blank dvd, it becomes a cd drive. I’ve looked around and seen similar problems to this but I still don’t know 2 things.

1. Can I burn dvds using this drive?
  2. I can’t burn an iso on to the blank dvd and it says there’s an error. Is there a way to fix this?

First off the showing as a cd drive is what it will usually do in xp. As for not being able to burn your iso are you sure it is not corrupt and error free iso?? Use something like isobuster to see if it can open the iso up to verify it is a corrupt free iso. Also you didn’t mentioned what kinda hardware of software and drive and also media type your using to be of much help? Your question is to general to narrow down what is causing the problem.

ok, so i used isobuster on the 4.38 gb iso and it came out as a 4.35 gb recovered file 1.tif. I don’t know what that means. I also tried to burn an avi file that i have and I get the same error message.

I have a WDC WD1600JS-75HBO Drive,
and I think the dvd-rw part of it is _NEC DVD_RW ND-3540A

Uninstall your id channel and reboot and let windows reinstall it, make sure you select the one with the burner on it