DVD Drive

I had a nec drive that I had no problems reading dvds and copying them with the free dvd decrypter. I have installed my plextor 716a drive and cannot copy any dvds without multiple restarts. I think if i reinstall the nec drive that i will be back go normal. does anyone have any suggestions?

are you using the latest version of DVDFAB HD Decrypter as I believe the earlier versions had a problem with that burner

welcome to cdfreaks forum.

is the problem only with dvd burning? are you able to read dvds? did the drive come with roxio? did the drive come with plextools? have you checked the cable connections?

uninstall the ide channel drive is on (probably secondary ide) turn off computer and check the connections (unplug and replug making sure it is snug) reboot computer. if you installed the roxio software make sure to disable any startup program roxio uses, if any. undo changes made with plextools. there are firmware updates available if you dont have the current fw 1.11, firmware update

troy

edit//nice jimbo, i forgot about that[B]

October 10th, 2007[/B]
DVDFab 3.2.1.0 Updated!

Fix: Compatibility problem with some Plextor drives, like PX-760A, PX-760SA, etc.

[QUOTE=kgoosie;1923985]I had a nec drive that I had no problems reading dvds and copying them with the free dvd decrypter. I have installed my plextor 716a drive and cannot copy any dvds without multiple restarts. I think if i reinstall the nec drive that i will be back go normal. does anyone have any suggestions?[/QUOTE]

Here is a link you may want to checkj out
http://www.plextor.be/technicalservices/downloads/firmw_716A.asp

I have downloaded the latest firmware and it sporadically reads the dvd’s but when I try to select the drive from FabDecrypter it freezes up.

have you performed my other suggestions as well?

what do you mean by sporadically reads? some dvds will play with pc video player software (get vlc), some dvds will show info in windows explorer and/or some dvds will read with dvdfab?

…select the drive from FabDecrypter it freezes up.
please uncheck both ‘show’ and ‘play’ under ‘preview settings’ in dvdfab.

troy

[QUOTE=kgoosie;1924648]I have downloaded the latest firmware and it sporadically reads the dvd’s but when I try to select the drive from FabDecrypter it freezes up.[/QUOTE]

Sinceyou updated the firmware after you had DVDFab installed already try re-installing DVDFab and see if that helps
I had this issue and it worked for me :smiley:

I will try to re-install the software but which version do you recommend? I have the beta version as well.

[QUOTE=kgoosie;1929131]I will try to re-install the software but which version do you recommend? I have the beta version as well.[/QUOTE]

Install the version from the link below
http://club.cdfreaks.com/f116/dvdfab-4-0-0-8-beta-231444/
if you still have the problem you may need to do a clean un-install of DVDSFab which is not the normal un-install you can find the info on how to do this below in my signature there is info for both XP and Vista :cool:

I will give the clean un-install a try and re-install the software. Will let you know how it goes.