DVD Drive won't recognize some DVDs

vbimport

I have DVD Fab Platinum 3.0.5.5. Some, especially British DVDs, won’t be recognized by my DVD drive. But…sometimes they will. Most of my American movies are recognized but I have had some issues there too. Of course if they aren’t recognized they don’t copy.

I’ve tried uninstalling DVD FAB and reinstalling it. That helped once. Also, sometimes if I play a DVD I’ve already copied then play one that I’m having trouble with the trouble maker plays. This isn’t working anymore though. I’d appreciate any help.

Welcome to CDFreaks, what is the brand of your DVD drive?, try to use a firmware with region free mode embbaded.

Thanks for helping out. I have a LG DVD Writable CD/RW Drive. I’m just learning about regions. This drive says you can change regions 5 times and that’s all. Maybe this drive won’t work for backing up foreign CDs.

HI THERE I DOWNLOADED POWER DVD COPY AND THAT 9 THING IT SAYS TO DOWNLOAD FIRST BUT I HAVE FOUND THAT IT DOESNT WANT TO COPY MOST DVDS WHY PLEASE HELP I AM A MY WITS END TRYING TO FATHEM IT OUT

[QUOTE=hemlock27;2270650]HI THERE I DOWNLOADED POWER DVD COPY AND THAT 9 THING IT SAYS TO DOWNLOAD FIRST BUT I HAVE FOUND THAT IT DOESNT WANT TO COPY MOST DVDS WHY PLEASE HELP I AM A MY WITS END TRYING TO FATHEM IT OUT[/QUOTE]
1.) Unfortunately, your problem has nothing to do with Fab.
I’d suggest you post…or ask a mod to move this to Movie Copy Software (general forum ) or the Newbie section.

2.) I doubt you’ll receive any meaningful help with what you’ve posted.
No one has any idea where to start and it’s not reasonable to expect us to ask a ton of questions just to find a starting point.

The devil’s in the details…:wink:

hemlock27
Fine Print Department
From the Cyberlink website:

*PowerDVD Copy, DVD copy software, supports duplication of [B]non-CSS [/B]protected content.

This means it will not copy 99% of commercial movie DVDs. Get you money back and try DVDFab.

As my good friend Maineman said, the devil’s in the details (or in this case the fine print).