DVD drive won't open

After trying to back up a game with Xbox Backup Creator I received and error and Ctrl+Alt+Del out of it. The program became no responsive and would not ope the DVD drive. When I did it manually by pressing the little button the light flashed quickly then slowed but the drive would not open. I got the disk back using a paperclip and the emergency hole but now the drive won’t open when I push the button. I have uninstalled it and reinstalled it, disconnected on start up then reconnect and vice versa. I have also tried to open it by clicking eject after right clicking on the drive while in my computer, it just freezes for a while then nothing. It is a fairly new drive so it can’t be broken.

specs:
Running Xp
HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-4163B must updated driver installed

any ideas on how to get it working properly again?
the main problem is that when you press the open button on the front of the drive nothing happens.

[QUOTE=JOHN H0WARD;2307187]After trying to back up a game with Xbox Backup Creator I received and error and Ctrl+Alt+Del out of it. The program became no responsive and would not ope the DVD drive. When I did it manually by pressing the little button the light flashed quickly then slowed but the drive would not open. I got the disk back using a paperclip and the emergency hole but now the drive won’t open when I push the button. I have uninstalled it and reinstalled it, disconnected on start up then reconnect and vice versa. I have also tried to open it by clicking eject after right clicking on the drive while in my computer, it just freezes for a while then nothing. It is a fairly new drive so it can’t be broken.

specs:
Running Xp
HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-4163B must updated driver installed

any ideas on how to get it working properly again?
the main problem is that when you press the open button on the front of the drive nothing happens.[/QUOTE]

Can you please advise what this whole post, if anything, has to do with DVDFab?

I would expect that a question like this would be better served being directed at the manufacturer, LG.

This is the DVDFab forum.

OC

:slight_smile:

my apologies, this is my first time posting and one of the options while I was writing this question was categories and I selected optics, ie DVD burner optics etc. Strange it put it here. Is there anyway you can move the question or close it? About asking the manufacturer they said reset it otherwise they cannot help.

Or you could try the Burning Software Forum, at the right hand bottom of this forum homepage you will see forum jump, just click on the arrow and it will show you all the forums, good luck