Dvd drive won\'t burn (NEC ND-2510A)

[qanda]This thread is about the NEC ND-2510A. Click here to see full specs[/qanda]Hi everyone!

This is my second post:)

I will start by letting you know I’m somewhat clueless when it comes to drives and firmware and all that tech stuff.

I really need some help.

I recently have been having issues with my d drive - it’s a _NEC DVD_RW ND-2510A. It’s in my desktop pc which is an older computer, a Gateway 550GR. I have Windows XP with that service pack 2 thingie.

The prob is, I can’t burn anything anymore! I use DVD-R’s and the burner had been working fine until about 1 month ago.

I downloaded an avi file, used the Convertxdvd software to convert it and burn to the dvd, but I keep getting an error:

I have no idea what it means by “Code 05 30 05 Illegal request, Cannot write medium, Incompatible format”

So then I tried to just burn something simple, like a .doc and a .jpg, but I got some window that popped up stating something about Windows encountered an error copying.

So it seems I can’t burn anything to that drive.

Does anyone know if I need to do some kind of update for the driver or firmware thing?

I’m sorry I’m an idiot about all this:)

If you need any more info about my system, just let me know.

Thanks!!!:smiley:

Looks like an illegal download and we cannot help you with that.

Please respect CD Freaks by respecting our rules.