DVD Drive Unrecognized fix removes AnyDVD

vbimport

I have recently loaded AnyDVD and was ripping my DVD’s and was successful for about 24 hours. I then inserted a Disney DVD (if that matters) and the DVD drive was no longer recognized by my Windows 7 operating system. The DVD would spin, but shortly stop after about 10 seconds.

When looking at the device manager, the computer had a Exclamation mark. I also noticed the DVD driver had the AnyDVD system files installed along with Microsoft’s.

Based on thread from this site I went to Microsoft support site http://support.microsoft.com/kb/314060. I ran its troubleshooter, downloaded the fix, and my DVD drive was now operational but the fix removed the AnyDVD files from the DVD driver. Now my DVD drive works but AnyDVD does not since the files are missing. My DVD player is not on autoplay, and now when a DVD is inserted a pop-up says my DVD driver is not recognized and to reinstall AnyDVD

What settings are needed to keep AnyDVD and Windows 7 DVD device drivers compatible?

[QUOTE=what_happened;2744510]I have recently loaded AnyDVD and was ripping my DVD’s and was successful for about 24 hours. I then inserted a Disney DVD (if that matters) and the DVD drive was no longer recognized by my Windows 7 operating system. The DVD would spin, but shortly stop after about 10 seconds.

When looking at the device manager, the computer had a Exclamation mark. I also noticed the DVD driver had the AnyDVD system files installed along with Microsoft’s.

Based on thread from this site I went to Microsoft support site http://support.microsoft.com/kb/314060. I ran its troubleshooter, downloaded the fix, and my DVD drive was now operational but the fix removed the AnyDVD files from the DVD driver. Now my DVD drive works but AnyDVD does not since the files are missing. My DVD player is not on autoplay, and now when a DVD is inserted a pop-up says my DVD driver is not recognized and to reinstall AnyDVD

What settings are needed to keep AnyDVD and Windows 7 DVD device drivers compatible?[/QUOTE]Just reinstall AnyDVDHD and reboot.

What is stopping this from happening again? I haven’t changed anything?

I reinstalled AnyDVD. It recognizes the disc and the OS sees the drive. The first attempt to rip a disc caused the PC to shut off after getting about 25% through. Tried again and same thing happened after getting through 1/3.

I rebooted again and it worked and I was able to rip the same DVD that had failed successfully.

I will see if I have any problems with the Disney DVD’s next which started this problem in the first place

OK it happened again. I put in a Disney DVD from my collection. AnyDVD started to scan the DVD and then stopped. It appears the OS system killed the DVD drive stopping the process. Under device manager, my PC has a exclamation mark. Same as before where I need to reset the drives which removes AnyDVD files from the DVD drive. Is this expected every time you try and rip Disney DVD?

Just to close this thread out, after the last incident, I tried rebooting instead of reinstalling the DVD drive that was reporting the error and it corrected the issue. After the reboot, the AnyDVD drive was still on the DVD drive and it was able to rip the Disney DVD that caused the problem to begin with without any problem the second time around

I have told my wife NOT to buy ANY Disney DVDs until ANY DVD or Disney gets this fixed.

LOL, create a dummy account and perform ripping there.