DVD drive speed. Cannot increase from 1.09X. Drive capable of 16x! HELP!

vbimport

Cannot increase speed for DVD copying. Tried Shrinkit4me, DVDplatinum4. Drive only copies and reads at 1.09x. Drive is capable of 16X. Matshitadvd-ram uj-841S 105. Looked in every file I could find to reset speed. Need HELP!!!

Welcome to the Forum!

Need more info:
Is this a new/newly installed burner? If not, has it always ripped/burned slowly?
If it is new:
1.) Did it replace another CD or DVD drive? Make sure you have a modern IDE 80-conductor cable plugged in to it from the motherboard.
after that has been confirmed/corrected:
2.) Click on START>right click on MY COMPUTER>click on PROPERTIES>HARDWARE (tab)>DEVICE MANAGER>double click IDE/ATA/ATAPI CONTROLLERS:
Double click on PRIMARY IDE CHANNEL>ADVANCED SETTINGS (tab):
Make sure device 0 & 1 are NOT set to PIO mode.
Select DMA WHEN POSSIBLE in the Transfer Mode boxes on both devices 0 & 1.
Current transfer mode should now read: Ultra DMA Mode 1,2,3,4 or 5
Then, do the same for SECONDARY IDE CHANNEL.
Now, restart your PC for the changes to be permanent.
If this doesn’t work for your device (stuck in PIO mode), right click on the ide channel it is in (1 or 2) in the Device Manager & select uninstall. Windows will ask you if you are sure-click yes. Now, restart your PC & Windows will automatically re-install the IDE channel & the devices (drives) on that channel. You’ll see Windows ‘detecting “new” IDE channel & devices’. Once rebooted, reboot a second time, then check in Device manager under IDE/ARA/ATAPI controllers, etc… like before & see if your drive is NOT in PIO mode anymore.
This worked on one of my optical drives, but the other one would not come out of PIO mode. It turns out on my Dell PC, the second drive (device 1 on primary IDE channel) was turned off - not in Windows, but in the BIOS primary IDE channel.
I hope this helps.

There are several links on this website if you’ll search under:
DMA Mode

Hi and Welcome![quote=terryL;2047621]Cannot increase speed for DVD copying. Tried Shrinkit4me, DVDplatinum4. Drive only copies and reads at 1.09x. Drive is capable of 16X.[/quote]This is a notebook drive, isn’t it? Then the maximum speed is 8x. Period.

Matshitadvd-ram uj-841S 105. Looked in every file I could find to reset speed. Need HELP!!!

Check DMA and make sure your drive is operating in DMA2 or DMA4 mode: http://club.cdfreaks.com/f61/troubleshooting-enabling-checking-dma-windows-vista-xp-2000-me-9x-101616/

Also have your keyboard fixed, there seems to be something wrong with the “!” key.:wink:

Michael

[quote=mciahel;2047779]Hi and Welcome!This is a notebook drive, isn’t it? Then the maximum speed is 8x. Period.
Check DMA and make sure your drive is operating in DMA2 or DMA4 mode: http://club.cdfreaks.com/f61/troubleshooting-enabling-checking-dma-windows-vista-xp-2000-me-9x-101616/

Also have your keyboard fixed, there seems to be something wrong with the “!” key.:wink:

Michael[/quote]

I think their “i” key is upside down. :doh:

They PM’d me & said it was in PIO mode’
Says they can read & write a movie in 33 minutes now.
Much better.
I told them I learned the same thing right here at the forum. :iagree:
Knowledge is power.
And knowing is half the battle (G.I Joe).

The reader is not the best, so reading/ripping will always take some time.