Dvd drive slow after firmware upgrade. (Nashua GH22LS30)

[qanda]This question is published in the hardware section for the LG GH22LS30 - Internal 22x SATA Super-Multi SecurDisc, LightScribe. Click here to view full specs.[/qanda]I was having a problem, with lead out taking close to 5 minutes, when burning at 20x took less than that. So i browsed Lg’s website, and found out there was a firmware upgrade that was out to fix burning problems. So I upgraded to 1.2 and now reading takes like 10 minutes for a dvd and another 10 for writing. I even trying going back to the 1.1 firmware and still the same. I am lost on this one, if anyone has any thoughts please let me know. --matt–

Check the DMA settings of your drive.

[QUOTE=wmcraft;2233310][qanda]This question is published in the hardware section for the LG GH22LS30 - Internal 22x SATA Super-Multi SecurDisc, LightScribe. Click here to view full specs.[/qanda]I was having a problem, with lead out taking close to 5 minutes, when burning at 20x took less than that. So i browsed Lg’s website, and found out there was a firmware upgrade that was out to fix burning problems. So I upgraded to 1.2 and now reading takes like 10 minutes for a dvd and another 10 for writing. I even trying going back to the 1.1 firmware and still the same. I am lost on this one, if anyone has any thoughts please let me know. --matt–[/QUOTE]

I asked a similar question last week. My DVD burner would normally take 15 minutes to burn. After a system restore, it was taking 90! Ala42 mentioned checking to see if your drive is set for DMA (and not PIO). Mine were already set correctly but you should check first (many tips on doing this on this board). User mciahel (michael) also said that I should reinstall the chipset drivers on my motherboard. I found a program called driver genius and reinstalled them and now I’m back to full speed. Good Luck!