DVD Drive Region Locked

The DVD drive has been used with english and american DVD’s until it got locked on the American ones. As we are in England we have mostly english DVD’s and did manage to download something from the internet which unlocked this setting, and all was fine for quite a long time. Recently we have noticed it is again locked on American and the little program which once unlocked it no longer works. I have tried looking for the same or a similar program but have had no luck. I have a LG DVD ROM DRD8120B drive. Does anyone know of a download that will unlock this. Thanks. Annie.

You have two options:

1. Flash your LG drive, to get help, please visit: http://forum.cdfreaks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36

2. Use AnyDVD, you can download the trial version here: www.slysoft.com.

Sun Oct 06, 2002 4:00 pm LG/HLDS/Goldstar DRD-8120B
-LG DRD-8120B (12X/40X) 1.04, 1.05
(Known firmware : 1.00 / 1.03 / 1.04)
You can make your drive region free (RPC-1) by using this Patched 1e05 RPC-1 firmware. Patch by Etna.

Thanks for the advice. I didn’t get chance to look for anything yesteday, or to download anything, so I checked through my DVD folder today, and I did have the program RPC Man. It used to work, but recently stopped working and I was unable to change the region. I tried it today, and it has worked, so I am now back on Region 2 for England. :slight_smile: So I am happy again.
Annie