DVD Drive reads everything except dvdr but that only happens on one computer

vbimport

Hi, i´m having a problem that i can´t solve.
I bought a new motherboard, cpu and memory for my computer and my dvd writer drive doesn´t read dvdr (no matter if the session is open or closed or if it’s multi session or single session) which i have burned before; it reads all kinds of cd’s and original dvd’s (like the one that came with the motherboard). The problem isn´t the drive nor the dvd’s i’ve burned because i have another computer and everything works on that computer, as it has always worked on this computer (before the upgrade).
After the upgrade i formatted the disk and installed win xp (the same i always used and the one that is installed on my other computer, which has never been connected to the internet and therefore has no updates), without being connected to the internet, so there is no chance this is a virus; there are no windows updates installed and therefore it’s equal to my other computer.
After that i installed all the windows updates but the problem persists.
So the drive is working, the dvd’s are fine, there is no software installed and there is no virus, that only leaves the new hardware or something related to it.
My motherboard is an ASUS M2A-VM HDMI with a ATI Radeon Xpress 1250 graphics integrated, my cpu is an AMD Athlon 5200+ and my dvd drive is an TSSTcorp CD/DVDW SH-S182M.
Another fact which i don’t know if it is relevant is this:

• before i had installed the windows updates, when i inserted a dvdr my DVD-RAM Drive (E:) changed to CD Drive (E:) and when clicked it displayed “E is not acessible”
  • after the updates it changes to CD Drive (E:) as well but a blank cd is recognized
    I think i gave you all the possible information, if anybody has a suggestion about what might be the problem please let me know.