Dvd Drive Problem

my dvd writer after inserting dvd/cd ,the light is blinking for a while and then stopping no data display on the screen nor the disc is readed!!
plz find a solution for dis i have replaced my dvd drive also but same problem as before!!!:(:rolleyes:

What brand drive and what media are you using?

I had this same problem a few years back and it took me forever to find the solution. There are a lot of people with your same question. Go to your device manager and check your IDE settings. Make sure you are running on DMA mode and not PIO. Your device will not work running PIO.

Also is it listed in the device manager? If not try this quick fix here:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/314060

before you apply this fix unistall all your burning software (example: Nero, Roxio or iTunes) from your system. After rebooting your system, you can reinstall all of your software and try to see if your issue is resolved. Hope this helps you. Take care.

THE C. Uninstalling Nero is the biggest reason the IDE changes from DMA to PIO. I don’t recommend anyone who has Nero to uninstall it unless is is absolutly neccessary.

[QUOTE=rene636;2291614]THE C. Uninstalling Nero is the biggest reason the IDE changes from DMA to PIO. I don’t recommend anyone who has Nero to uninstall it unless is is absolutly neccessary.[/QUOTE]

I have helped more people with Nero, Roxio, iTunes etc. and the quick fix has never given me your stated results! Not really knowing what he has… I am simply trying to get his issue resolved with this fix. Maybe someone else may have some good advice too, take care.

“THE C.” gave the correct fix for this issue.

So lets wait for the OP…