DVD drive on Mac Laptop ejecting without playing

vbimport

Hello,

I’m new and am not sure if this is the right forum, but my DVD ejects without playing it. Am not having this problem with other DVDs, just this one. It’s a movie I bought from Amazon. Can someone tell me what’s wrong and what to do about it?

Thanks!

Hiya. :slight_smile:

Macs tend to physically eject a disc when the drive cannot read it, or when the operating system can’t read the contents.

There is probably nothing you can do but try that disc in a different DVD drive (which doesn’t really solve the problem, but it is an option).

Or return that disc for a replacement. If the same thing happens again, it’s possible there is some sort of copy protection meant to keep computers from playing the disc.

[QUOTE=peony;2786075]Hello,

I’m new and am not sure if this is the right forum, but my DVD ejects without playing it. Am not having this problem with other DVDs, just this one. It’s a movie I bought from Amazon. Can someone tell me what’s wrong and what to do about it?

Thanks![/QUOTE]
How old is this mac? I don’t recall mac in recent years having a dvd drive? Did you consider it is also a mac going bad besides a media problem. If you didn’t have this problem before then you should have it looked at by a mac repair to diagnosis the problem if media isn’t the problem.

Thanks for your reply Albert. I will try a DVD player to see whether it’s the disc or problem with my Mac.

Thanks, CoolColors, for your reply. My Mac does have a DVD player on it.