To all those DVD Gurus out thereâ€¦â€¦
I have been searching for a solution to this problem ALL OVER the internet. It seems like this is a VERY common problem, and I have yet to find the actual solution!!!
I have TWO DVD drives, one generic DVD ROM and an HPdvd640. They have both worked in the past with ZERO problems.
But, now that I wanted to burn some pictures to DVD it just won’t work. Heck, my A: drive stopped working too…but I somehow managed to fix that.
I re-installed windows (XP Home)…and of course I got carried away with installing some stuff before trying to troubleshoot the problem again…and they still don’t bleeping work!
NOTE: The only software I installed was dvd regionfree software that posed no problems when the DVD drives were working properlyfor a while but at the same time i had anydvd was working too!
- it isn’t a dirty lens…both DVD players (player/burner) stopped working (with DVD’s)
- The DVD drive WILL read regular CD’s
- I’ve done all sorts of looking at registry edit fixes…no success (yet).
- I’ve done all sorts of driver “uninstalls” and device unplugging and rebooting…no success (yet anyways)
- Perhaps some sort of windows update has screwed with something? This is the only “foreign” software that may have installed during my do-over of my system…hmmmm…
Well, I hope someone has the answer…this problem seems too common to let go!