Dvd Drive Not Reading

vbimport

I just bought a computer 2 weeks ago and it has read all my dvd’s even the ones that did not work on my last computer.

but now it won’t read my pes 6 dvd it does still read it, but sometimes it does not and i have to keep ejecting and re inserting loads of times before it does read the disc again.

can anyone help!!!

Is the disc well-kept and in good condition? Some drives are better readers than others, and if it’s just this one disc I’d say it’s the disc, or the drive can’t read the disc well for whatever reason.

What model is the drive inside your new PC? You can find this out from Device Manager.

@ bilstar,

Most certainty a two-week-old “New” Computer has a Guaranty/Warranty.

Perhaps it would be worthwhile to return your “New” Computer to the retailer and explain to them in precise detail your long-standing unresolved problem and have them attempt to get to the bottom of your long-standing unresolved problem.

In reviewing your other 5 Forum Postings in your posting titled “DVD stops reading DVD-R” (http://club.cdfreaks.com/f61/dvd-stops-reading-dvd-r-217371/#post1845477) this appears to be an ongoing problem of yours with your ProEvoltionSoccer disks and other DVD Media for quite some time.

Perhaps in seeing this is an ongoing problem you are having with both your “Old” and “New” Computers there isn’t anything “Wrong” with your “New” computer but with your DVD Media and/or your Media Burning procedures.

Regards,
bjkg

Thanks for the heads-up on the other posts, bjkg :wink:

CHEERS! for the quick replies. i have never had problems with my pes dics before it was with dvd-r’s. the dics is in good condition and it’s the orignal not a burnt copy.

thanks.

@ bilstar,

Perhaps you should review your “DVD stops reading DVD-R” (http://club.cdfreaks.com/f61/dvd-stops-reading-dvd-r-217371/#post1845477) posting statements. For example in posting #8 of the referenced posting you state ->

[QUOTE=bilstar;2031275]…I have to keep ejecting and re inserting loads of times before it does read the disc again…[/QUOTE] This particular problem was occurring with your ‘Old” computer and now with your ‘New” computer. This problem is a classic problem indicating that there is something “Wrong” with the disk no matter if the particular disk is an original Commercially Manufactured Pressed DVD or personally Burned DVD Media.

Once again perhaps in seeing this is an ongoing problem you are having with both your “Old” and “New” Computers there isn’t anything “Wrong” with your “New” computer but with your DVD Media and/or your Media Burning procedures.

Regards,
bjkg

I would agree with bjkg’s assessment - especially as a) no other discs seem to be affected, and b) two different computers - and two different drives.