DVD drive missing, occasional blue screen, use NERO?

Ever since installing my freshly purchased DVDfab Platinum I’ve had periodic blue screens.

Also the DVD drive (a GSA-H10N) does not show up until I do an “add hardware”. Then it works until I reboot, and it’s gone again.

Is there any downside to simply removing the VSO software and using the NERO engine?

Why not just use Nero then. common settings>write>Burning engine,use nero…
What makes you think VSO is causing BSOD?

What makes you think VSO is causing BOSD?

Never had them before I installed DVDFab Platinum, and they stop happening when I deinstall it.

Besides Nero what other proggies do you have besides Fab? And maybe you should contact fengtao as they are very good at getting back with help…
soon enough other members will post back…

I’ve disabled almost everything, leaving just core software running. When I deinstall DVDFab (and consequently pcouffin.sys) my DVD drive works perfectly.

Hi scatcher,

What os are you using?

scatcher

What OS are you using? There is no operational downside to using Nero, but VSO is an integral part of DVDFab and normally works smoothly, and the excellent customer support at VSO will help you nail this down if you want. Here is a link to their support page, where you can download a small program called vsorep.exe that will gather system information and burn logs for submission. Just click here–>http://www.vso-software.fr/contactform.php?topic=technical to get started. In the meantime you might try experimenting with the I/O Control settings in Common Settings–>Read, changing from “Auto” to “SPTI” and “ASPI”. Hope you can get this worked out. And please post back if you get it resolved so that other users can enjoy the benefits of your legwork.:slight_smile:

@maineman Didn’t see you standing there, pard.:slight_smile: Guess we are thinking along the same lines, lol.

Well, the problem is that the DVD Drive is completely missing, even before I start DVDFab. Once I detect the drive with “add hardware” it burns fine.

Hi Scatcher
Not sure why you have not answered Maineman and Signals question :confused: , they asked what your OS is just in case you don’t know that term it stands for “Operating System”

Well I had to completely uninstall daemon tools and dvdfab and then install dvdfab first. Finally I reinstalled daemon tools and it’s all behaving itself.

I can’t say yet whether the blue screen issue is gone. Time will tell.

Try uninstalling driver and then re-install… see if that helps…
just seen your last post,soo…disregard this for now… :slight_smile:

Sounds that windows nay be covering your drive up in the registry with some upper and lower filters.

:wink:
No tag on this one pard!

For the record, I was using a recent install of Windows XP Professional, fully patched. Daemon Tools and pcouffin.sys were not playing nice.

I didn’t reply fully because I was trying a series of things that required reboots. Had I been unsuccessful I would have posted with full detail.

So that’s what it means! :slight_smile:

Actually I spent 1992-1997 doing front end break-fix / support, and since then I’ve been in industrial pipeline simulations and scheduling systems programming.

Thanks for the replies.

scatcher wrote "
So that’s what it means!

Actually I spent 1992-1997 doing front end break-fix / support, and since then I’ve been in industrial pipeline simulations and scheduling systems programming.

And you can’t figure the BSOD on your own? :slight_smile: