DVD drive doesnt detect Lions gate dvd

I am running windows vista with an Atapi DVD A DH16A1L SCSI Cd Rom Device. I am currently backing up my DVD collection, but when I try to backup my Lions Gate films DVD’s I run in to a problem. My DVD Shrink does’nt reconize that i have a DVD in the drive, nor will the DVD drive reconise that i have a DVD in the drive aswel. I have called HP tech support to only be told the drive is working just fine, and must be a Lions Gate Issue which I also believe. plays and backs up all other DVD’S just fine.

dvdshrink reads Highlander the source by lionsgate on my vista pc and I use a sony dvd-rom for reading dvds. So I not think it a lionsgate issue

Did some digging around and found an article :http://www.engadget.com/2007/04/16/sony-copy-protection-taking-heat-again-now-dvds-wont-play/

Can anyone please help?

That article would be irrelevant in your case. The copy protection prevents copying and sometimes causes playback issues. But it does NOT prevent the DVD from being recognized by your drive.

Try holding down the CTRL key (I believe that’s the correct key) when you insert the DVD, this will prevent the autorun feature from starting the disc (or simply disable autorun). Then see if the disc(s) is recognized.

[quote=Dogg;2010116]
Try holding down the CTRL key (I believe that’s the correct key) when you insert the DVD, this will prevent the autorun feature from starting the disc (or simply disable autorun).[/quote]It’s the SHIFT key.