DVD Drive Complications

Hi everyone. I’m having serious problem with my dvd drive. my drive is hp cddvdw TS-L633N. it was working perfectly fine until i installed a software (Daemon tools), which i think is the cause of the problem, which made changes to my computer. at first the drive will read CDs then later on it stopped. Now the drive can only read software on DVD but it can read multimedia’s like videos or audio. I’ve tried couple of solutions i got on web but none worked. Here are what i’ve tried so far;
sfc/scannow,
system restore,
clean the registry with CCleaner,
uninstalled the ATA channels in the device manager and rebooted,
uninstalled the DVD drive,
Find and fix problems under system and security,
Ran a diagnostic test with Fix it from microsoft but couldn’t detect the disc,
Ran a diagnostic test on the drive with HP total care tool and it reported the same thing that “the disc is not supported and can’t run further test”,
Installed Imgburn to see if it will detect the drive and which it did,
Tried to update the driver but it’s the latest.

I already uninstalled the Daemon tool software and deleted all folders and files before troubleshooting. I’m out of options. Pls help.

PS: I changed my dvd region. could this be problem too?

[QUOTE=babsabu2001;2571816]

PS: I changed my dvd region. could this be problem too?[/QUOTE]

This could be the problem changing your dvd region should only be done as last resort as you are giving only 5 changes before the last one is permanent. So what was your dvd drive Region before the change? Changing the region drive should never be changed once you used the last change it becomes permanent on the last setting change. Also Daemon tools IMO is worth installing as it cause more problems then it helps with.

Now the drive can only read software on DVD but it can read multimedia’s like videos or audio.

Can you be more specific on this problem?

Hi and Welcome!

seems as if your Windows installation is totally messed up :eek:
Perhaps you should consider reinstalling your operating system.

Before you do that, you should try:

1. see if you can playback video and multimedia stuff with another player like VLC
  2. grab a bootable CD from somewhere (favourites: Ultimate Boot CD or any Live Linux CD) and see if you can boot from that disc

In case test #2 fails, then there is probably something wrong with the drive’s hardware, and it needs to be replaced.

Michael

[QUOTE=coolcolors;2571838]This could be the problem changing your dvd region should only be done as last resort as you are giving only 5 changes before the last one is permanent. So what was your dvd drive Region before the change? Changing the region drive should never be changed once you used the last change it becomes permanent on the last setting change. Also Daemon tools IMO is worth installing as it cause more problems then it helps with.

Can you be more specific on this problem?[/QUOTE]
I can’t recall correctly the region before change but i think no region was selected. the current region now is region 5.

What i meant was the drive can’t read DVD audio or videos. so i can neither play an audio nor watch a dvd movie but currently the drive only reads and plays a dvd video tutorial from K.Alliance which i downloaded from the net and burn on dvd.

use the search to find info on how to ‘delete your upper and lower filters’.

It’s in my sig, try it.