DVD Drawer won't open

I have a MSI DVD RW drive, model DR16-B2. All of a sudden the drawer won’t open when the button at the front is pushed. The green light on the front does flash on start up but thats as far it goes.

[ul]
[li]Do i need a new drive?[/li][li]Can anyone help?[/li][/ul]

On My LG DVD RAM drive there is a pinhole on the front faceplate (bezel) by the drawer.
Use a straightened-out paper clip end to push into the hole to engage the emergency drawer release.
Only for use in emergencies-frequent use is NOT recommended & could also be an indicator of more serious problems.
If the drive is getting on in age it may be time for a new one…

Thanks for that, yes i managed to open in that way but that doesn’t fix the problem. Having opened the drawer and closed it again manually it still won’t open by pushing the button!
Any more thoughts? The drive must be around 4 years old but certainly not hard worked.

[QUOTE=Stew01;2466536]Thanks for that, yes i managed to open in that way but that doesn’t fix the problem. Having opened the drawer and closed it again manually it still won’t open by pushing the button!
Any more thoughts? The drive must be around 4 years old but certainly not hard worked.[/QUOTE]
Take off the faceplate and see if the button is hitting the eject cylinder. If it is and the drawer still doesnt open you may need a replacement.:slight_smile:

your drive needs to go here

and you need to go here and get a new one

by pressing the eject button if it makes noise like it is going to ejectand it still does not eject means the gears inside is worn off.
you can make sure by downloading wineject.exe and try to eject with the software.
all failing you get new drive
as shown in the just above post:)

Does the eject button work when you have the computer on, but no operating system loaded? (I.E. your computer is in the BIOS/Setup screen).

Did the drive had this kind of behaviour before?

What kind of operating system are you running?

that drive is dead…my pioneer 112 does the same thing…it had quite a few burns on it so i knew it was the end of its life

try this…install imgburn and use the eject button built into imgburn and if it doesnt do it…new drive time :slight_smile: