DVD door stuck

vbimport

I have a phillips DVD harddrive and the door will not open and pressing eject. Can anyone help?

Nevermind,
Edit: shite, just noticed it’s a standalone DVD with ‘harddrive’ part…

Try unplugging it then plug back in and try again, sometimes that will work

in any case there will be the emergency eject push with a long pin
try with a pin and eject it. afterwards it may work ok

[QUOTE=lojohnson;2458631]I have a phillips DVD harddrive and the door will not open and pressing eject. Can anyone help?[/QUOTE]

Welcome to the forum :slight_smile:

I also have a Philips (DVDR-5500, no HDD), and it can often be temperamental, though in all other respects it’s a good unit.

Do any other buttons work - Play, record etc? If not it might have just frozen up, and unplugging for awhile then plugging it back in may fix the problem, as Jim suggested.

If not, then provided there is nothing critical on the HDD that you need to keep, then setting the unit back to the factory defaults might do the trick (this has worked for me in the past, though I’ve had to re-tune all the channels etc).

If you’re sure there’s nothing important on the HDD, then there should be a section in your user manual about how to reset the unit.

[QUOTE=padoor;2458777]in any case there will be the emergency eject push with a long pin
try with a pin and eject it. afterwards it may work ok[/QUOTE] I think that method is for the burners only as I have never seen that on any standalone DVD player

on commercial philips dvd players the whole plastic black mechanism usually fails to eject with the rubber belt slipping on the motor pulley. it will need opening of the equipment and manually eject and replace the belt