DVD door is off track

Hi

I am new on here, i didnt notice my DVD door was open on my computer and i hit it with my leg when i got up from the chair, it has come off the track

Before i started to try to reinstall it and maybe doing more damage i wanted to know if there is a right way to do it.

Thank you

Dan

You might be able to retrack it back. But that means you have to take it out of the computer and open the drive it and see if there are screws that will allow you to move the tray mechanism to retrack the drive tray. Only problem is if something is broken when hit the drive tray with your leg your left either buying new one or sending it to be repaired. But since the cost has gone done if they tray is broken you will have to buy a new one. But if they tray is off the track only and no physcial damage then you should try to put the drive back on the track if possible. I myself haven’t done something as severe as knocking the tray off track though but have taken apart the drive case but not physcially taken the component apart. So if you decide to go that route make sure you know what wires go where and screws as well.

Thanks coolcolors

Nothing is broken, just off track, dont want to take anything apart, i was hoping to retrack it from the door entrance

Hey Coolcolors

I took my computer to the local repair shop to have them fix drive, he jammed the door in and it wouldnt open grrrrrrrr

I brought it home and took it all apart and its fixed lol, i just burned a DVD

Dan

[QUOTE=Canadian Pirate;2199124]Hey Coolcolors

I took my computer to the local repair shop to have them fix drive, he jammed the door in and it wouldnt open grrrrrrrr

I brought it home and took it all apart and its fixed lol, i just burned a DVD

Dan[/QUOTE]

Now that is one repair shop you shouldn’t go back to…no matter what deals they give you…that kinda abuse on the tray is what will eventually lead to broken parts…Like I said before if you can take a little time as you did you can fix the parts…the electrical side is another totally different matter…but for repair stay away from shops that jamms trays back in…those people will cause more damage then your leg did to the drive and tray components.

[QUOTE=coolcolors;2199348]Now that is one repair shop you shouldn’t go back to…no matter what deals they give you…that kinda abuse on the tray is what will eventually lead to broken parts…Like I said before if you can take a little time as you did you can fix the parts…the electrical side is another totally different matter…but for repair stay away from shops that jamms trays back in…those people will cause more damage then your leg did to the drive and tray components.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for responding cool

I have moved the hard drive away from harms way, small problems can lead to major ones as i learned