DVD DL writers that can write CD-TEXT

Does anyone know of any DVD writers that can write to DL media and also write cd text on audio CDs?

I’ve been looking everywhere online but can’t find any… I came across this website

http://www.sony-optiarc.eu/supportservice/faqs/generalquestions.html

which states the optiarc AD series can write cd text so I bought an Optiarc AD-7241S and it turns out that it can’t, even after flashing to latest firmware (1.02) Nero’s infoTool also states that it cannot write cd-text. I am shipping my driver back for store credit. Does anyone know which dvd dl writers can write cd-text?

Any answers or help is appreciated. Thanks

My Sammy 223F says its supports both reading/writing CD-Text

Hi,[QUOTE=8arcena;2445683]Does anyone know of any DVD writers that can write to DL media and also write cd text on audio CDs?[/quote]I am not aware of any modern drive that does not support CD-Text.

which states the optiarc AD series can write cd text so I bought an Optiarc AD-7241S and it turns out that it can’t,
How did you check if the drive supports CD-Text or not? This might be the essential question.

Nero’s infoTool also states that it cannot write cd-text.
This is a bug in Nero Info Tool they never seem to have fixed.

Michael

How did you check if the drive supports CD-Text or not? This might be the essential question.

I was playing my audio CDs on a SONY DVD-ROM DDU1621, which doesn’t read the CD-text. Turns out the Optiarc does read it and my audio CDs have had it all the time

This is a bug in Nero Info Tool they never seem to have fixed.
thanks for this info, made me test out my cds on other drives.