Dvd Dl Rw

vbimport

I bought some ( windata:D) DVD DL RW media. I am having trouble burning the media. Seems they only work when burning if I make them multi session. If I burn another session or close the session the dvd will not be readable. I have an NEC , PIONEER and Umm Can not remeber the other make or model #s. I assure you they are popular model #s, DVD DL burners. I am using Nero 8 or 9 which ever is the newest, I even tried on ver 7. …Anyway I can not erase the media either.

I never seen a Dvd+rw DL Burner for sale… so i don’t know how you’ll ever burn that dl lol.

[QUOTE=la1;2000514]I bought some ( windata:D) DVD DL RW media. I am having trouble burning the media. Seems they only work when burning if I make them multi session. If I burn another session or close the session the dvd will not be readable. I have an NEC , PIONEER and Umm Can not remeber the other make or model #s. I assure you they are popular model #s, DVD DL burners. I am using Nero 8 or 9 which ever is the newest, I even tried on ver 7. …Anyway I can not erase the media either.[/QUOTE]

I think you mean DVD+R DL media which always has the RW alliance logo on it.
Could you please use nero cd dvd speed and post the MID/mediacode from the disc info section?

AFAIK so far only the ASUS DVD-E818A2 (ATAPI/E-IDE) and ASUS DVD-E818A2T (SATA) are capable of writing on DVD-R DL at 5X

[QUOTE=Auzzie Kid;2000718]AFAIK so far only the ASUS DVD-E818A2 (ATAPI/E-IDE) and ASUS DVD-E818A2T (SATA) are capable of writing on DVD-R DL at 5X[/QUOTE]

But both drives still support only DVD-RW DL reading, not writing…:rolleyes:

[QUOTE=pepst;2000735]But both drives still support only DVD-RW DL reading, not writing…:rolleyes:[/QUOTE]sorry, my mistake. The ASUS DVD-E818A2 and ASUS DVD-E818A2T only read DVD-RW DL; not write