Dvd distribution

vbimport

Here is what I am trying to accomplish;

I have approx 10 full dvd’s that I made from old vhs tapes of my football games from 20 years ago. I have 15 or so co players from back in the day that want a copy of the videos. I don’t want to burn 150 dvds and mail them out.

I want to host them somewhere, maybe 1 at a time so that people can just log on and download them.

I don’t want to go P2P because I don’t want to host them on my 6 year old low performing computer.

What services are out their that will let me put up a 4.7gb file and let people download it?

There are some free hosting alternatives, but they won’t host such large files. You could split it up in smaller files, but it will be a hassle to split it up, upload it to a website and then get all people to download it and burn it to DVD themselves…

You can also rent storage space with an ISP, but that will be costly and the practical issues mentioned above will still apply.

I think it will be easier to copy the DVDs for those who are interested and mail them out…

Here is link to several online storage options:

http://lifehacker.com/search/online%20file%20storage/

You might have to pay a small fee for what you want, but read about the different options available to you.

[quote=Jack Hass;2187921]I don’t want to go P2P because I don’t want to host them on my 6 year old low performing computer.[/quote]I thought that the idea with P2P was that you upload the files and everyone else hosts a little bit of them. It doesn’t fall on your machine entirely to do the lot once they’ve been distributed.