DVD disks and mfg

vbimport

I’ve been using DVDFab for a while now and generally speaking pretty satisfied. I’ve always used Maxell +R disks. My last purchase however, was Memorex DVDs. Recently I noticed my copied movies were skipping and the audio/video losing sync. DVDFab recommended downloading v5.1.0.5 Beta but the results were the same. Thinking it might be the Memorex discs I went to Office Depot to buy Maxell disks (which I did) but they only had -R in stock. My 3 attemps to copy a movie (any movie) with the -R disks generate a write failure error almost immeadiately. Does DVDFab not support -R formatting? Does -R formatting support video? I’m struggling for answers here as to what has changed about my process.

Does DVDFab not support -R formatting? Does -R formatting support video? I’m struggling for answers here as to what has changed about my process.
This has nothing to do with whatever program you use. All the program does is send infotmation to your burner. The real question is can your burner give good burns on the media you have given it?
With the money you have spent, you could have had some Taiyo Yuden’s or Verbatim.

DVD-R discs are recommended for people who have drives that do not support bitsetting. If you have drives that auto-bitset, then DVD+R media would also work well for your requirements. The skipping and loss in sync could probably be attributed to the quality of a) the burn and b) the discs, leading to problems with your standalone player being forced to move ahead and skip hard to read spots on your discs, short of stopping and spitting it out.

While others curse Memorex-branded discs as being low-quality, Maxell recently also has been getting a bad rep due to their use of sub-par media. Most likely your problem is with the discs itself as, personally, I’ve had problems with Memorex with some writers - the Maxells I’ve used are top notch, albeit older discs that use Ricoh and MXL MIDs, but the newer ones are said to be of lower quality.

If you want your backups to play well on any type of player I’d suggest getting Verbatim DVDs - they will serve you well and has the best compatibility with standalones. Taiyo Yuden discs are also recommended although they may be harder to find. Rather than buying from OD, why not order from online retailers such as Rima.com? I’ve only heard nothing but glowing reviews from people who have bought there. SVP is another good online store, and caters best to Europeans looking for great media.

But isn’t the burner integrated into DVDFab? And are you saying Verbatim disks are superior?

[quote=servtrkr;2158728]But isn’t the burner integrated into DVDFab? And are you saying Verbatim disks are superior?[/quote]No and yes. The information is sent to the burner. If conditions are good and the media is good you should produce a good burn. Check your firmware, burning speed, have good connections, no software running in the background that could conflict etc.

please download ImgBurn.

imgburn settings > build > dont prompt image details

set burn engine to ImgBurn in dvdfab settings

set the burn speed to 8x in dvdfab settings

set dvd-r write type to SAO in dvdfab settings

I also recommend Verbatim DVD’s. I’ve never had a failure with either their DVD-R or DVD+R DL DVDs. For dual layer, specifically #95484.