DVD discs shortage predicted for next year

I just posted the article DVD discs shortage predicted for next year.

Digitimes reported today the results of a study in which the Japan Recording-Media Industries Association (JRIA) predicts that global demand for write-once DVD discs will be higher than supply for…

Read the full article here:  [http://www.cdfreaks.com/news/12682-DVD-discs-shortage-predicted-for-next-year.html](http://www.cdfreaks.com/news/12682-DVD-discs-shortage-predicted-for-next-year.html)

Feel free to add your comments below. 

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

No, I’m not ready to switch. I’ll switch when I’m ready and not because you say I should. DVD rules and with dual-layer DVD-R prices dropping all the time, I should be good for another year or two. -------------------------------------------------------------- “Over? Did you say “over”? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!” ~ Bluto Blutarsky

Amin DukeNukem…Amin. :slight_smile:

Definitely a ploy to try and get uis to convert. Stuff them I say!

Buy as much media as you can now!!! Before its too late.

Yeah, better stock up on media and burn all you got now. So you can hold out for some months.

Sounds like a poor excuse to bump up prices on DVD disks to offset the costs of the production costs of two formats such as Blu-ray and HD-DVD media seeing how a lot of consumers are not stupid and will not be adopting them. And yet they show that Global demand for DVD discs will be higher than what they could have produced if they had not committed vast resources on the Blu-ray HD-DVD medias which hardly anybody will want. And at the same time it suggests a sales pitch to say supply and cost will be reasons to upgrade to Blu-ray and HD-DVD so why not waste money on buying a Blu-ray or HD-DVD burner so we can rip you off for the blank media as well as rip people off for blank DVD media. I suggest people do as I have just done in the last few weeks and buy media to stockpile (Verbatim 16x 50 tub for $20) and then see if demand will be higher than supply , I have a few hundred to last me out so far. Why would I want to upgrade to expensive Blu-ray - HD-DVD when “true” HD TV’s are only just coming onto the market at ridiculous prices. Somebody should tell them to see consumers in a few years time when prices are at a sensible level and demand will also be the same. After all Profits come before Honesty with a lot of companies nowadays, but consumers are getting smarter and more consumers are becoming aware of companies tactice to increase profits. What can I really say to those companies that treat me like a fool but “So sad, too bad, bye bye, you are not getting my money now or ever”. Consumers have immeasurable power, they only need to use that power for it to be very effective. And I have used and will continue to use the Power of the informed Consumer! And I know companies hate that fact…

Well Said!

darwin03 - You sure are a chatty fellow. LOL. :slight_smile: