DVD disc not"working"

Hello everybody.

I have this Sony DVD+RW disk which I have been using for multisession recording. I use it to save some programs and data of mine. My problem is that now the burner does not want to take it. I have an Optiarc DVD RW AD7191A. I just added some more files to the disc. When I want to ck that everything is there the disc directory is not loaded. it just hangs there. I have to eject the disc in order for the computer to start working again, as it freezes while seaching for the disc directory.

I also tried the disc on another dvd rw, on another computer and the same thing. the computers freezes while seeking for the directory.

What can I do to recover the disc?

Thanks in advanced.

Chileno

When using multisession, you must use the very same tool for burning all sessions and then fixate.

[QUOTE=chef;2206018]When using multisession, you must use the very same tool for burning all sessions and then fixate.[/QUOTE]

Thank you for yout help with those links…

I was lucky that I saw them there, I just thought they were just part of your sig without much content to what was being replied to. :confused:

I’ll see if I can recover the contents of the disc.

Thanks again.

chileno.

[QUOTE=chef;2206018]When using multisession, you must use the very same tool for burning all sessions and then fixate.[/QUOTE]

I used the same tool but did not terminate it. I should be able to burn some more as it has abot one more gig to go…

I followed the links you have in your sig but none helped to open the dic in order to see its contents.

Is there any other way to do this. Is there a disc rescuer or something like that?

TIA

chileno.